• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Emergency Contact Data Service Through BMW MOA Provider

exgman

I just saw a new member benefit available on the BMW MOA website. It's a company which for the discounted price of $15/year will provide a member's medical data to first responders. Here's the link the URL: https://www.bmwmoa.org/news/470742/Emergency-Contact-Data-Added-as-BMW-MOA-Member-Benefit.htm

FWIW, I drop by and chat with my local EMTs here in MA now and then. They've told me to keep a summary of medical information with me (2 pages in my case), and keep it in/near my wallet since that is the location at which EMTs always look for data they'll need in critical situations.

So, I put this out there to see what other members think, and for useful practices for those riders who have end up in some critical medical situation.

From my cycling years I’ve always had and used a ROAD ID. Various types of IDs to wear and they have online storage of medical and emergency information for you that first responders and medical staff can access. Initial cost depends on the type of ID, I have a couple - dog tag, bracelet, and tag for my Apple Watch. Name and numbers as well as access code for first responders. After initial purchase of about $29 you get a year of online storage of your info and then it’s about $10 a year after that. Whenever you buy a new ID you get a year of coverage with that. Pretty well proven and used by athletes especially.
3452e0a21543a6fedb7bf2f52e218c7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not get one of those small emergency info packets that are glued to the back or side of your helmet.

Back