• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Oops, I did it again!

sort

Well I traded my 2016 RT in yesterday for a 2019 carbon black metallic RT1250RT, it was such a good deal I just couldn’t pass it up!!! Lol. Really looking forward to riding this black beauty! I’ve got a question, this came with the bmw 49 liter top case with central locking. On my 16 I purchased the top case unwired and I install Skene lights with a hex ezcan controller, but it looks like on my 19 RT with central locking you can only us BMW’s light bar! Is this true? If so has anyone connected a hex ezcan up to the BMW light bar to use the ezcan’s functionality? If so how is it done? Lot’s of question.

When I bought my 19 RT the top case was also part of the deal with central locking and the light bar was also included on the case itself. If your top case was included as part of the BMW promotion you need to call the dealer. The offer form for that deal specifically called out the light bar.

Now with that said - I saw a video I think on Twisted Throttle that talked about the hexcan and their own product and it working with the CANBUS. Looked like you could plug in any light and make it act like a rear brake light on either product.

Congrats on the new ride. I have been fortunate to take a few short rides but already I can tell that this was a good call.

Thanks Brad, it was part of the deal. But I kinda wanted to put my old Skene lights on. There programmable and so much brighter.

Louie

Back