Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: No offense, but I feel like a girl

Thanks, I really liked the Columbia Silver (it was unique) but I had not seen too many of the black version either so I am happy.
    The silver would have been a little more visible at night, but I will be updating to LED lights to help.

Couldn't have done it without all your help.

can't wait!

I love it when a story has a happy ending.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

response

Me too Kevin, I was born in Townsend Montana and I hope to make that trip soon.
    thanks for your help.

cheers!

Look us up when you get out this way.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    One sMile at a time.

Voni
    sMiling still
    The long distance rider we all wish we could aspire to be, regardless of gender.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by milwlandrover View Post
    I found and bought a 1987 K750S original black with silver engine and red BMW bags and GET THIS 5100 miles. The only thing wrong with it is a cracked taillight from moving it around the garage. The OP has several bikes and has not used this one.
    I'm sure you know better, but now that you've decided on the smaller & older variety, with very few miles (showing on the odo), I'd have it inspected by someone with more skills than mine. Just make sure that cracked old rubber & plastic bits are up to performing reliably. Guess you'll have some spare time over the winter up there in the Great White North...

Hope your new steed gives you many happy sMiles.
    Cheers! HSV-Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by HSVPhil View Post
    I'm sure you know better, but now that you've decided on the smaller & older variety, with very few miles (showing on the odo), I'd have it inspected by someone with more skills than mine. Just make sure that cracked old rubber & plastic bits are up to performing reliably. Guess you'll have some spare time over the winter up there in the Great White North...

Hope your new steed gives you many happy sMiles.
    Cheers! HSV-Phil.
    We have or have had ten classic K bikes - K75, K100, and K1100. I have yet to encounter any unusual old rubber and plastic bits that have been a problem. Sure, I have replaced some fuel pump mounts dissolved in ethanol contaminated fuel. And I have replaced brake lines and fuel lines after ten or so years. But this is just routine maintenance on any vehicle.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

response

I do plan on having someone smarter then I look at it, but the original purchaser didn't ride it much so mostly stored it. He sold it back to the original dealer he bought it from who put new tires on (just aged) and changed all the fluids, tuned it and sold it to the guy I bought it from. The guy I bought it from rode it for a couple months and it would not start. he went to the dealer and the dealer gave him a new battery. I ran great after that. He put it into storage for this winter. When he went to his locker and accidently knocked it over he decided to sell it. He has a Harley that he is attached to and a bigger investment in. So......... the 5800 miles are believable. The main thing is the splines. The guy said he asked the dealer about it and was told "with these miles, don't even worry about it".

Quote Originally Posted by milwlandrover View Post
    So......... the 5800 miles are believable. The main thing is the splines. The guy said he asked the dealer about it and was told "with these miles, don't even worry about it".
    That is a reasonable thing to say about wear that may have happened already. But it fails to address the possible deterioration and drying of the spline lubricant. Given the age I would lubricate the clutch splines or have it done. More importantly on that model I would absolutely clean and lubricate the driveshaft rear splines, and then continue to do so every rear tire change.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

reponse

That is a great idea for safety sake. Better safe then sorry