Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see at the 2020 Great Falls Rally?

Seen on the MOA MMS

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Directing people towards the forum
    OM
    Unfortunately, *most* of the replies will be made in the FB groups.... sweartogawd, people are just that lazy!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Unfortunately, *most* of the replies will be made in the FB groups.... sweartogawd, people are just that lazy!
    I donít attribute it to lazy, I attribute it to the fact they are already there on FB.........sharing pictures of their breakfasts with their peeps
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Welcome.

Welcome to the Club, and the Forums Tori. I look forward to meeting you and working with you.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Watch out for that Ian Schmeisser guy, always trying to stir people up, abandon existing standards and adopt radical new ideas ! A subversive infiltrator ! One of those damn Commies ! No wonder the MOA has ignored him for so many years,

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    ...always trying to stir people up, abandon existing standards and adopt radical new ideas ! ....

I nominate you as showmaster!

Jim Shaw produced three closing ceremonies in a row. The longest was one hour and four minutes.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
    Not everyone likes to camp on site. Of those who do not many would like to partake of the beer tent and entertainment but do not to avoid issues with drinking and riding. A shuttle service to nearby motels would be excellent.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Great Idea. I am not camper, nor am I a huge drinker. But I like a beer or two. I don't drink and ride at all. A shuttle would be great. It Could be sponsored one of the big vendors like Metzler, Twisted Throttle...etc.

The food offerings could be a little better.

The door prizes of a discounted tours are ridiculous. Having to sit through the blow-fest closing ceremonies guarantees I wont win any huge prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Jim Shaw produced three closing ceremonies in a row. The longest was one hour and four minutes.
    What?

The pre-show entertainment was the best ever!

I like the idea of a shuttle to downtown destinations, a small co-pay for such a service wouldn't put me off the idea. As for closing ceremonies, a one hour limit sounds good, like anything you want to eat, you gotta listen to the sermon, small price to pay for business donating door prizes.
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I have a comment about door prizes. A prize of a free tour is a grand prize. A prize of a fraction of the cost of a tour like $1,500 off a $5,000 tour is not a grand prize, it is a trap. If somebody wants to give this type of prize fine but do it in the daily drawing because many attendees will decline the prize since they don't want to spend the other 2/3 or more of the cost of the tour. Don't waste time in the ceremonies giving these come-ons away. Get to the good stuff.
    Totally agree too.
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, Ď17 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post

I will make sure to look at both this post and on facebook! I am happy people are participating on both! There is a lot of great feedback so far and keeping as many notes as possible.
    Tori

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Not everybody is on Fakebook.....
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, Ď17 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by RIDERR1150GSADV View Post
    Not everybody is on Fakebook.....
    Stated for the 2,987th time on this forum in 2019. She said she would look both places translated as Facebook and this Forum.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by tori View Post
    I will make sure to look at both this post and on facebook! I am happy people are participating on both! There is a lot of great feedback so far and keeping as many notes as possible.
    How about you re-ask the question in the MOA FB Group? It really hasn't gotten the usual number of responses and perhaps you posting would help it along.

Besides, everyone there knows I am a cranky old fart!

Ian