• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What would you like to see at the 2020 Great Falls Rally?

A much shorter closing ceremony, and omit the embarrassingly lame GS exhibition. Flame on.:)

A few years ago there was a big uproar over the length of closing ceremonies. Then the powers that be pledged to hold them to a one hour time limit. This worked great for the last few years, but this year in Lebanon we were back to almost two hours. I don't know who thought it was a good idea but I heard lots of complaints.

Let's hope the rally staff gets the program shortened up.

Let's hope the rally staff gets the program shortened up.

So... what about a totally different way to do the closing ceremonies?

Instead of endlessly reading numbers to our members, what if we made it more of an entertaining show? Something that capped off everyone's experience of having ridden to and enjoyed the rally?

It would take a producer, some writers, and if we used social media, the internet and mobile phones to deliver part of the show, some tech people.

It would be a blast! :evil

Seen on Facebook....

Screen%20Shot%202019-11-02%20at%2011.10.20%20AM-L.png

Unfortunately, *most* of the replies will be made in the FB groups.... sweartogawd, people are just that lazy! :ha

I don’t attribute it to lazy, I attribute it to the fact they are already there on FB.........sharing pictures of their breakfasts with their peeps :whistle
OM

Watch out for that Ian Schmeisser guy, always trying to stir people up, abandon existing standards and adopt radical new ideas ! A subversive infiltrator ! One of those damn Commies ! No wonder the MOA has ignored him for so many years, :dance :wave

Friedle

Not everyone likes to camp on site. Of those who do not many would like to partake of the beer tent and entertainment but do not to avoid issues with drinking and riding. A shuttle service to nearby motels would be excellent.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Great Idea. I am not camper, nor am I a huge drinker. But I like a beer or two. I don't drink and ride at all. A shuttle would be great. It Could be sponsored one of the big vendors like Metzler, Twisted Throttle...etc.

The food offerings could be a little better.

The door prizes of a discounted tours are ridiculous. Having to sit through the blow-fest closing ceremonies guarantees I wont win any huge prizes.

I like the idea of a shuttle to downtown destinations, a small co-pay for such a service wouldn't put me off the idea. As for closing ceremonies, a one hour limit sounds good, like anything you want to eat, you gotta listen to the sermon, small price to pay for business donating door prizes.

I have a comment about door prizes. A prize of a free tour is a grand prize. A prize of a fraction of the cost of a tour like $1,500 off a $5,000 tour is not a grand prize, it is a trap. If somebody wants to give this type of prize fine but do it in the daily drawing because many attendees will decline the prize since they don't want to spend the other 2/3 or more of the cost of the tour. Don't waste time in the ceremonies giving these come-ons away. Get to the good stuff.

Totally agree too.

Unfortunately, *most* of the replies will be made in the FB groups.... sweartogawd, people are just that lazy! :ha

I will make sure to look at both this post and on facebook! I am happy people are participating on both! There is a lot of great feedback so far and keeping as many notes as possible.

I will make sure to look at both this post and on facebook! I am happy people are participating on both! There is a lot of great feedback so far and keeping as many notes as possible.

How about you re-ask the question in the MOA FB Group? It really hasn't gotten the usual number of responses and perhaps you posting would help it along.

Besides, everyone there knows I am a cranky old fart! :p

Ian

Back