Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see at the 2020 Great Falls Rally?

Now that I think about it, I like the idea of a hotel shuttle for those staying offsite who might want to partake in the local breweries....
    Maybe two runs in the morning and two in the evening.

Joe
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

I think MOA should host a ride to an offsite meal, or similar event location, restricted to riders 30 years of age and younger, and give swag for the event to guarantee a turnout. Offer food, entertainment, and activities to get the turnout. Then at the event ASK the riders what THEY would like to see in MOA and MOA events, and LISTEN. Yes, it’s age discriminatory, but so is a lot of other marketing (and this would be a marketing expense), and we aging boomers will just have to deal with it. Seeking such information here in the forums or on FB (“geezerbook”) just age-skews the results. Young people actually attending the rally are the most productive ones to target for feedback and membership recruitment. IMHO.

Best,
    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

^^^ good idea, have a touring or training company handle the logistics and **get the right kind of marketing research talent** in the room. ^^^

Not at the rally, but a good complement to this effort would be to work with dealers to invite younger customers/riders on similar event and do similar research *without* the riders knowing that the MOA was asking the questions. Unaided focus-group feedback is some of the best qualitative data you can acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    I think MOA should host a ride to an offsite meal, or similar event location, restricted to riders 30 years of age and younger, and give swag for the event to guarantee a turnout. Offer food, entertainment, and activities to get the turnout. Then at the event ASK the riders what THEY would like to see in MOA and MOA events, and LISTEN. Yes, it’s age discriminatory, but so is a lot of other marketing (and this would be a marketing expense), and we aging boomers will just have to deal with it. Seeking such information here in the forums or on FB (“geezerbook”) just age-skews the results. Young people actually attending the rally are the most productive ones to target for feedback and membership recruitment. IMHO.

Best,
    DeVern

Since I am still new within the organization itself I have not yet been able to attend a rally or a getaway, so the forum and our social media platforms are currently the best way for me to reach out to our members.

That is a great idea to get younger riders involved more. With me being in that age group also, it would be easier to relate to them and listen to what they may be looking for within the organization.
    Tori

WOW ... what a great idea ... ask the members and attendees what they would like. I love it!

So for me .... already stated hotel shuttles for those of us who think camping is a hotel without free breakfast, the more vendors the better so any additions would be appreciated and a covered or shady oil change area. I've been to about 10 MOA Nationals and volunteered at the oil change facility and a couple of times we had a covered area which is really nice. Oh and cool weather and shady parking

Really looking forward to the trip to Great Falls!
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

A much shorter closing ceremony, and omit the embarrassingly lame GS exhibition. Flame on.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

I have a comment about door prizes. A prize of a free tour is a grand prize. A prize of a fraction of the cost of a tour like $1,500 off a $5,000 tour is not a grand prize, it is a trap. If somebody wants to give this type of prize fine but do it in the daily drawing because many attendees will decline the prize since they don't want to spend the other 2/3 or more of the cost of the tour. Don't waste time in the ceremonies giving these come-ons away. Get to the good stuff.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I have a comment about door prizes. A prize of a free tour is a grand prize. A prize of a fraction of the cost of a tour like $1,500 off a $5,000 tour is not a grand prize, it is a trap. If somebody wants to give this type of prize fine but do it in the daily drawing because many attendees will decline the prize since they don't want to spend the other 2/3 or more of the cost of the tour. Don't waste time in the ceremonies giving these come-ons away. Get to the good stuff.
    I agree.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Yep ... I agree as well
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    A discount coupon is what it sounds like. I have seen them at other events......I have never seen any wowed by the concept
    OM
    Welcome Tori
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    A much shorter closing ceremony, and omit the embarrassingly lame GS exhibition. Flame on.
    But, keep the Flame cars??
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    A few years ago there was a big uproar over the length of closing ceremonies. Then the powers that be pledged to hold them to a one hour time limit. This worked great for the last few years, but this year in Lebanon we were back to almost two hours. I don't know who thought it was a good idea but I heard lots of complaints.

Let's hope the rally staff gets the program shortened up.
    2015 R1200RT, 2011 Ural Patrol, 1981 R100, 1975 R90S

BMW MOA 37304

Quote Originally Posted by k12lts View Post
    Let's hope the rally staff gets the program shortened up.
    So... what about a totally different way to do the closing ceremonies?

Instead of endlessly reading numbers to our members, what if we made it more of an entertaining show? Something that capped off everyone's experience of having ridden to and enjoyed the rally?

It would take a producer, some writers, and if we used social media, the internet and mobile phones to deliver part of the show, some tech people.

It would be a blast!

Seen on Facebook....

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Directing people towards the forum
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200