• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What would you like to see at the 2020 Great Falls Rally?

Montana ExpoPark
400 3rd St NW
Great Falls, MT 59404

Got it, thanks. I appreciate the replies from you and others.

I am not a rally-go-er. I only asked because there is a Great Falls National Park quite nearby to me here in Virginia.

Shuttle drivers (or step-on guides) who provide a run down of the rally grounds layout. It usually takes me two days to find everything, but if a short shuttle ride provided guide service we could get up to speed more quickly.

I like this one.

Not everyone likes to camp on site. Of those who do not many would like to partake of the beer tent and entertainment but do not to avoid issues with drinking and riding. A shuttle service to nearby motels would be excellent.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Not everyone likes to camp on site. Of those who do not many would like to partake of the beer tent and entertainment but do not to avoid issues with drinking and riding. A shuttle service to nearby motels would be excellent.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

+1

If we are trulyinterested in getting young people to attend we have to offer events there that make them want to attend. Things like the GS track, maybe some dirt bike contests or a flat track race of some sort. Beer gardens are for us old folks and vendors are for those of us with disposable income. Not so much for the young person with a family. If we can make the rallies more family oriented so mom and dad “and the kids” have things to do that are not dorky, we stand a better chance of making the rally a family vacation and not just a dads week out to ride...maybe check out some of the more popular dirt bike events to see what possibilities we could offer up...maybe we could make a family section where kids would be in close proximity to other kids so they naturally get out and play together.......just my two cents.

vendors are for those of us with disposable income. Not so much for the young person with a family. .

I was 31 with a very small income when we attended our 1st National and I was in heaven when we walked into the vendor area.

Now that I think about it, I like the idea of a hotel shuttle for those staying offsite who might want to partake in the local breweries....:beer
Maybe two runs in the morning and two in the evening.

Joe

I think MOA should host a ride to an offsite meal, or similar event location, restricted to riders 30 years of age and younger, and give swag for the event to guarantee a turnout. Offer food, entertainment, and activities to get the turnout. Then at the event ASK the riders what THEY would like to see in MOA and MOA events, and LISTEN. Yes, it’s age discriminatory, but so is a lot of other marketing (and this would be a marketing expense), and we aging boomers will just have to deal with it. Seeking such information here in the forums or on FB (“geezerbook”) just age-skews the results. Young people actually attending the rally are the most productive ones to target for feedback and membership recruitment. IMHO.

Best,
DeVern

^^^ good idea, have a touring or training company handle the logistics and **get the right kind of marketing research talent** in the room. ^^^

Not at the rally, but a good complement to this effort would be to work with dealers to invite younger customers/riders on similar event and do similar research *without* the riders knowing that the MOA was asking the questions. Unaided focus-group feedback is some of the best qualitative data you can acquire.

I think MOA should host a ride to an offsite meal, or similar event location, restricted to riders 30 years of age and younger, and give swag for the event to guarantee a turnout. Offer food, entertainment, and activities to get the turnout. Then at the event ASK the riders what THEY would like to see in MOA and MOA events, and LISTEN. Yes, it’s age discriminatory, but so is a lot of other marketing (and this would be a marketing expense), and we aging boomers will just have to deal with it. Seeking such information here in the forums or on FB (“geezerbook”) just age-skews the results. Young people actually attending the rally are the most productive ones to target for feedback and membership recruitment. IMHO.

Best,
DeVern

Since I am still new within the organization itself I have not yet been able to attend a rally or a getaway, so the forum and our social media platforms are currently the best way for me to reach out to our members.

That is a great idea to get younger riders involved more. With me being in that age group also, it would be easier to relate to them and listen to what they may be looking for within the organization.

WOW ... what a great idea ... ask the members and attendees what they would like. I love it!

So for me .... already stated hotel shuttles for those of us who think camping is a hotel without free breakfast, the more vendors the better so any additions would be appreciated and a covered or shady oil change area. I've been to about 10 MOA Nationals and volunteered at the oil change facility and a couple of times we had a covered area which is really nice. Oh and cool weather and shady parking :rofl

Really looking forward to the trip to Great Falls!

I have a comment about door prizes. A prize of a free tour is a grand prize. A prize of a fraction of the cost of a tour like $1,500 off a $5,000 tour is not a grand prize, it is a trap. If somebody wants to give this type of prize fine but do it in the daily drawing because many attendees will decline the prize since they don't want to spend the other 2/3 or more of the cost of the tour. Don't waste time in the ceremonies giving these come-ons away. Get to the good stuff.

I have a comment about door prizes. A prize of a free tour is a grand prize. A prize of a fraction of the cost of a tour like $1,500 off a $5,000 tour is not a grand prize, it is a trap. If somebody wants to give this type of prize fine but do it in the daily drawing because many attendees will decline the prize since they don't want to spend the other 2/3 or more of the cost of the tour. Don't waste time in the ceremonies giving these come-ons away. Get to the good stuff.

I agree.

Yep ... I agree as well

A discount coupon is what it sounds like. I have seen them at other events......I have never seen any wowed by the concept :scratch
OM
Welcome Tori :wave

Back