• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What would you like to see at the 2020 Great Falls Rally?

I much prefer watching skilled riders of either gender pushing it on twisty roads in protective gear. Some of the best riders I know are women; I appreciate them for reasons other than looks.

So do I, but there's nothing wrong with admiring their physical attributes. As for protective gear, that's a personal choice.

Nope. But I guess with this group that's all you'll get.:D

Actually, I think that's correct, and we're proud of it. ;) One excellent reason for a woman to choose a BMW over some other brands is they are fully equal riders here and treated as such. None of that "did you ride that motorcycle all the way here by yourself?" Two of the highest mileage riders ever in the MOA were/are women who rode over 1,000,000 miles, and a lot of those where solo. Now, on the other hand, if you were willing to ride around at the next rally in a speedo, maybe that would even things up? :brow

Actually, I think that's correct, and we're proud of it. ;) One excellent reason for a woman to choose a BMW over some other brands is they are fully equal riders here and treated as such. None of that "did you ride that motorcycle all the way here by yourself?" Two of the highest mileage riders ever in the MOA were/are women who rode over 1,000,000 miles, and a lot of those where solo. Now, on the other hand, if you were willing to ride around at the next rally in a speedo, maybe that would even things up? :brow

Hey I work out at my gym pretty hard so you never know....but highly unlikely. On the other hand I've been to enough rallies to know that some get pretty inebriated, so anything is possible. But seriously, what I posted was in jest, most realize that would not happen at a BMW gathering. Hell, I even posted a whistling smilie after it. So before anyone else takes exception to my post, I offer this... it was all in jest.

[/U]

Hey I work out at my gym pretty hard so you never know....but highly unlikely. On the other hand I've been to enough rallies to know that some get pretty inebriated, so anything is possible. But seriously, what I posted was in jest, most realize that would not happen at a BMW gathering. Hell, I even posted a whistling smilie after it. So before anyone else takes exception to my post, I offer this... it was all in jest.

I think we all got that, but just wanted to take advantage of an opportunity to brag a bit about the serious Iron Butt women who ride BMWs. I do take that you've not been to a BMW MOA rally, though. I am I correct?

NOTE TO SELF: Open a bar called "The GYM". Sell a variety of drinks named after various workout machines. For example: The Elliptical, The Dumbbell, The Speed Bag, etc. Sell memberships.

I think we all got that, but just wanted to take advantage of an opportunity to brag a bit about the serious Iron Butt women who ride BMWs. I do take that you've not been to a BMW MOA rally, though. I am I correct?

Actually I've been to 5 BMW rallies. Billings being the last.

NOTE TO SELF: Open a bar called "The GYM". Sell a variety of drinks named after various workout machines. For example: The Elliptical, The Dumbbell, The Speed Bag, etc. Sell memberships.

Going to the gym ( to work out) helps with a number of medical ailments. You should try it.

I know we had problems in the past with open flea markets, with some people competing with vendors. Maybe we could take a new look at having open flea markets. For a while this did work for several years, but with better oversite of what items could be sold.

Going to the gym ( to work out) helps with a number of medical ailments. You should try it.

Also helps with riding a dual sport motorcycle in the woods or doing the Iron Butt Rally on a big K bike.

Yoga is big too, but probably not with the "typical" MOA member. ;)

However, from another perspective, the "Giant" focus on dirt riding is something that really appeals to a younger group, and goodness knows, us old farts are much too large a percentage of the organization for future club viability. To lose that attraction, without ay replacement is not a good thing. Even though I will pass my 70th birthday a couple of weeks before the 2021 rally I have always enjoyed and participated in their events and seriously doubt if I will be back after this year unless there is something besides vendors to keep my imagination entertained.

Go to any GS Giant event and you will see riders from 16-70+. There's a good chance you'll see kids a few years (or more) away from being licensed riding around on a little dirt bike. When Dad rides a dirt bike his kids start riding dirt bikes long before they could even attempt to ride a bike on pavement. As a general rule the folks that volunteer to be on the board of the MOA are pure street riders and have never hung out at a hare scramble, turkey run or pee-wee ride before the main event so they remain somewhat detached from what makes many kids life long riders; or the fact that many of these kids get a MC license for the sole purpose of riding transits during an enduro. Some of those kids end up riding the country or world on dual sports. A few might even buy BMW's but right now the MOA doesn't really reach any of them.

Dual Sport / Adventure riding is the one and only segment of motorcycling that includes riders of every demographic, especially the ones advertisers covet.

March Moto Madness is one of the largest Dual Sport events. Massive lines for gut luggage food, two showers, no toilets, (porta potties only) and they get over seven hundred riders to show up to a damp field in March.

And for reasons not to be discussed the GS Giants now build tracks at the RA rally.

:banghead:rolleyes

.And for reasons not to be discussed the GS Giants now build tracks at the RA rally.

:banghead:rolleyes

An interesting approach; organizations that resist openly examining issues or actions that create problems, in the interest of unpacking and resolving those issues, are usually destined to have repeated problems of the same type and source.

Best,
DeVern

Yoga is big too, but probably not with the "typical" MOA member. ;)

Yoga or some sort of stretching class for long trips is something I’d love to see. If there was a seminar on “Working Out the Kinks After 300 Miles of Crosswinds in Kansas” I’d be the first in line!

Pete

Back