• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Michelin Road 5 GT - recently released...

marlen.padberg

Hi all. I've been using Michelin tires for a good while, ran Road 4 and Road 4 GT tires on my RT for the last 3 years, and have been very happy with them. Last year I transitioned to Road 5's, and cannot recommend them enough. With the latest MOA magazine, I see mentions of Road 5 GTs - I was wondering when they were going to be released, and now here they are. Yay!

With the Road 4 GT, my thoughts would be the GT had a slightly stiffer carcass. Only after transitioning back to a road 4 did I notice the extra stiffness of the 4 GT. I'm starting this thread for those of you who try out the Road 5 GT, to post your findings, feedback, etc. Things I'm curious about:

- Mileage and longevity of the Road 5 GT
- Any observable differences between the 5 and 5GT in road feel, handling, performance
- Factors in your decision to try the Road 5 GT versus Road 5

When I was running on the Road 4s, I wondered how things could get any better. Transition to Road 5s, and they keep moving in an excellent direction! Now we have Road 5 GTs to try out. Post your findings!

Road 4 vs 5 2013 R1200RT anniversity

Hi all. I've been using Michelin tires for a good while, ran Road 4 and Road 4 GT tires on my RT for the last 3 years, and have been very happy with them. Last year I transitioned to Road 5's, and cannot recommend them enough. With the latest MOA magazine, I see mentions of Road 5 GTs - I was wondering when they were going to be released, and now here they are. Yay!

With the Road 4 GT, my thoughts would be the GT had a slightly stiffer carcass. Only after transitioning back to a road 4 did I notice the extra stiffness of the 4 GT. I'm starting this thread for those of you who try out the Road 5 GT, to post your findings, feedback, etc. Things I'm curious about:

- Mileage and longevity of the Road 5 GT
- Any observable differences between the 5 and 5GT in road feel, handling, performance
- Factors in your decision to try the Road 5 GT versus Road 5

When I was running on the Road 4s, I wondered how things could get any better. Transition to Road 5s, and they keep moving in an excellent direction! Now we have Road 5 GTs to try out. Post your findings!
At 18k a road 4 Gr was installed on my rear wheel . At 26k it had cupped severely on the outer surfaces.
Yes I, check air pressure daily. Had front and rear replaced with Road 5. Took a 3k trip from S Fl to New Jersey some back road mostly the Slab, lots of rain ect.The tyres very very good not to hard and no roll when Corning.My opinion.Let’s see how long they last .I usually replace every year
2013 R1200 RT Anniversary

Back