Thread: New guy introduction

New guy introduction

Hello to the forum. Iím new to forums of any kind.

Iíve been riding for 47 years. My bikes have been:

Honda 70
    Yamaha XS 650
    Honda Goldwing 1100
    BMW RS 1200 RT
    BMW K1600 GTL (2013)

Iím really interested in learning about the care and feeding of the K1600. I just bought it, and only got in a few miles before the Minnesota weather closed in and I put it up for the winter. I name all my bikes and cars. Iíve named the K1600 Freyja after an old Norse goddess ďassociated with war, death, love, sex, beauty, fertility, gold and seidr.Ē That should just about cover everything.
    In Minnesota we keep the whisky by the stove so it won't freeze.

Welcome to the forum! You're doing fine on the forums...for any K1600 specific questions, check out the Straight 6 forum area.

If you're from Minnesota, I understand the colors are changing as we speak!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Welcome fellow Minnesotan.
    Apple Valley here.
    2012 K1600GT

Don't write off the riding season just yet.
    There still may be a decent day or two that Mother Nature has in her hip pocket.

Joe

Also, you might want to check these guys out: https://www.k1600forum.com/

Lots of good K16 info and a very welcoming group.
    ďFate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Quote Originally Posted by JLBear View Post
    Iím really interested in learning about the care and feeding of the K1600. I just bought it, and only got in a few miles before the Minnesota weather closed in and I put it up for the winter.
    What a pity, JLB! Hope it's just a minor setback for U & Freyja. Seems to me it's a bit early in the season to be throwing in the towel -- they do make 'Electrics' that plug into your bike's power socket (below your seat on the right.). Right? We had some heavy rains here in Alabama, but we rode to our club's meeting at Lake Guntersville Lodge over the weekend. I on my '14 GT and HSV-K on her trusty F650GS! Sadly, it seems that the majority of this club is abandoning their annual Chicken Rally... It's become too big of a Burden for the few regulars to put on a really "Good Show!" The club needs some more younger riders. Hey, that's the very same problem all the clubs are having as well as the MOA!!!

Have fun shopping for Farkle for your new Steady! I happen to love my extendable foot-pegs from Ilium Works. http://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorc...2D500BL&pID=95

CIAO!
    HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Welcome to the forum, these online communities are great places for bike info and for meeting new people and for finding out about all kinds of crap you never imagined. If you think the size of this little forum is daunting check out Advrider.com with over 350K members around the world! I would recommend skimming big the new posts tab for a bit to see the kinds of things people are talking about day to day.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk