• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New guy introduction

JLBear

Hello to the forum. I’m new to forums of any kind.

I’ve been riding for 47 years. My bikes have been:

Honda 70
Yamaha XS 650
Honda Goldwing 1100
BMW RS 1200 RT
BMW K1600 GTL (2013)

I’m really interested in learning about the care and feeding of the K1600. I just bought it, and only got in a few miles before the Minnesota weather closed in and I put it up for the winter. I name all my bikes and cars. I’ve named the K1600 Freyja after an old Norse goddess “associated with war, death, love, sex, beauty, fertility, gold and seidr.” That should just about cover everything.

Welcome to the forum! You're doing fine on the forums...for any K1600 specific questions, check out the Straight 6 forum area.

If you're from Minnesota, I understand the colors are changing as we speak!

Welcome fellow Minnesotan.
Apple Valley here.
2012 K1600GT

Don't write off the riding season just yet.
There still may be a decent day or two that Mother Nature has in her hip pocket.

Joe

Also, you might want to check these guys out: https://www.k1600forum.com/

Lots of good K16 info and a very welcoming group.

I’m really interested in learning about the care and feeding of the K1600. I just bought it, and only got in a few miles before the Minnesota weather closed in and I put it up for the winter.

What a pity, JLB! Hope it's just a minor setback for U & Freyja. Seems to me it's a bit early in the season to be throwing in the towel -- they do make 'Electrics' that plug into your bike's power socket (below your seat on the right.). Right? We had some heavy rains here in Alabama, but we rode to our club's meeting at Lake Guntersville Lodge over the weekend. I on my '14 GT and HSV-K on her trusty F650GS! :buds Sadly, it seems that the majority of this club is abandoning their annual Chicken Rally... :banghead It's become too big of a Burden for the few regulars to put on a really "Good Show!" The club needs some more younger riders. Hey, that's the very same problem all the clubs are having as well as the MOA!!!

Have fun shopping for Farkle for your new Steady! I happen to love my extendable foot-pegs from Ilium Works. http://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Accessories.cfm?pn=19%2D500BL&pID=95

CIAO!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Welcome to the forum, these online communities are great places for bike info and for meeting new people and for finding out about all kinds of crap you never imagined. If you think the size of this little forum is daunting check out Advrider.com with over 350K members around the world! I would recommend skimming big the new posts tab for a bit to see the kinds of things people are talking about day to day.

Back