• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Indianapolis BMW

motodan

Earlier post announced closing of Indy BMW. Actual literature from dealer said opened till 10/31/19...plus the mailings from them up until last Monday to come in for parts, service and bikes. Happen to be coming back from Illinois yesterday (10/25), so took 20 mile detour for a last stop. Apparently they were working off a different calendar. As already closed and dismantled. However, side trip was not completely wasted, as found out new dealership will be operational in a month or two (certainly by Spring). Apparently, Tom Wood, of multiple car and bike dealerships in Indy area, will be starting with BMW. Best bet, dealership will be located on 96th St in NE quadrant of Indy. They keep moving closer to me...only 115 miles...hopefully they'll demonstrate a welcoming attitude and be a success. And I apologize...my iPhone pictures are not compatible with our vertical world. My understanding is, old Indy BMW location will sell used machines in part of their current location...the remaining building will be used by the auto dealership from down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_5521.jpg
    IMG_5521.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 269
I stopped in at Tom Woods Powersports on E. 96th just last week on a ride from Minneapolis to New Jersey (bought my G310R at a Tom Woods BMW place in MN). The guys in the service area are outstanding (Alex / Todd Cronkright). They couldn't do anything (yet) about resetting a service reminder but they did everything else extremely well, with lots of attention paid. They will be excellent with BMW.

I stopped in at Tom Woods Powersports on E. 96th just last week on a ride from Minneapolis to New Jersey (bought my G310R at a Tom Woods BMW place in MN). The guys in the service area are outstanding (Alex / Todd Cronkright). They couldn't do anything (yet) about resetting a service reminder but they did everything else extremely well, with lots of attention paid. They will be excellent with BMW.

Great to hear! Looking forward to doing business with them.

A recent Facebook post from BMW Motorcycles of Richfield (a sister place in MN) announced that Tom Wood's Powersports in Indianapolis is becoming a BMW dealer. Apparently they'll have bikes in stock within a month.

Speaking of which... when I was there last month they had a couple of Africa Twins in stock. I generally like the specs on them but that is a bike for seriously tall people. I'm 6 foot and I'm not sure I could flat foot one.

Regardless, they should be a great place for comparisons and finding what you want.

Back