• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Old guy with new 1250RT

evildoctor

1st BMW after a couple of Harleys, ST1300 and 3 Wings. Got it a month ago and now have 2700km ('cause I'm in the Great White North). So far so good! Bike is so light relative to the beast that is the Wing. 300 lbs lighter so I find it so much easier to handle.

White hair and a new R1250 RT

I just got mine in September and the more I ride it the more I like it. I think it's the smoothest transmission of any motorcycle I've ever owned being at around 11 now. My wife liked the K bikes but I'm stuck on the boxer and how nimble it feels for me being used to the last 2 I had. I dove off the accessory cliff right away spending some crazy money on things I had on my other machines but did them right away on this one. I'm 6'3" so I added Suburban Machine foot peg lowering blocks, Ilium brake lever, Ilium bar backs, Wunderlich engine guards. I bought the top case and then added the light bar to it due to the fact that the more stop lights the better to be seen. I still have to send the seat toRusselso that I can be a bit more comfortable on long rides. I had a tank bag on the last two RT's having used the RT base and latch that I bought used for my '07 then mounted an aftermarket bag to that was smaller than the gigantic BMW factory bag. I plan to get a tank bag but I'm on the fence with what to get due to the paint being so new... and not wanting something that rubs the finish off, I may go with the gas fill neck bag from Givi.

By the way I did my first all day jaunt to Cape Royal and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon a couple weeks ago before the snow flew and it was great on the new machine. I highly recommend the Cape Royal road to anyone who ever goes to the north rim on a motorcycle. Lots of twists and just an unbelievable view along the way to the overlook(s). I live around 100 mi. from the north rim and it's my days off during the week ride with a thermos full of coffee and a stop for breakfast at Jacob Lake on highway 67 that leads to the north rim. Not a bad place to live.

Back