Thread: Problems selling R 1200RT parts Trunk and saddlebags

Problems selling R 1200RT parts Trunk and saddlebags

Folks, I'm looking for some advice here. I have been trying to sell a 49L rear trunk and left saddlebag from my 2009 R 1200 RT. The trunk is as new, while the left saddlebag is fully functional though has some scratches, (not bad or deep). I have been trying to sell them for over a year and thought $450 for the trunk and $250 for the complete saddlebag was a fair price. New, the 49L trunk is roughly $1100.00 and a new saddlebag is $1003, (per BMW). Tried the market place as well as IBMWR and Facebook. Am I nuts or is it that simply no one is buying these items? I would love honest feedback about this. Please, no Low Ball artists, this is an honest question.

Best,

3hawks

will3hawks -

I'm sorry for your troubles in selling your items. Sometimes that's the way it is. Riding season is ending for some folks, so maybe not looking now?

I deleted your post where you priced your items. I did that because selling within the forum is not allowed. I understand you tried other resources, but that doesn't mean you can then default to the forum.

If people want to provide some insight that might help you price/sell your items, then more posting will be allowed. But no buying/selling should happen here. If someone wants to discuss things offline, that's perfectly fine but use the PM system for that.

Good luck!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by will3hawks View Post
    Folks, I'm looking for some advice here. I have been trying to sell a 49L rear trunk and left saddlebag from my 2009 R 1200 RT. The trunk is as new, while the left saddlebag is fully functional though has some scratches, (not bad or deep). I have been trying to sell them for over a year and thought $450 for the trunk and $250 for the complete saddlebag was a fair price. New, the 49L trunk is roughly $1100.00 and a new saddlebag is $1003, (per BMW). Tried the market place as well as IBMWR and Facebook. Am I nuts or is it that simply no one is buying these items? I would love honest feedback about this. Please, no Low Ball artists, this is an honest question.

Best,

3hawks
    Just my opinion but I think you're asking way too much for those items. It matters not what something sells for new. It matters what people are willing to pay. Try reducing your price (significantly) in the marketplace and see what happens.

Sell them on eBay; much larger audience. You can auction it with a reserve or just list it with a buy it now price. I've sold a few items and it is simple to use and there are protections against scammers, although as the seller you do not have much to fear if you require full payment before shipping. I do not think you are asking too much for the top box.... BMW sure is though.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

I've been on the lookout for a 49L case and haven't seen yours listed on the marketplace here. Ebay also doesn't have any decent used ones at the moment. I sent you a PM.
    Current rides: 2013 R1200RT 90th - 98k miles & 1996 R850R - 28k miles
    Previous BMWs: 2016 R1200RT, 2012 R1200GS Rallye, 2011 R1200RT-P, 2007 R1200S, 2006 R1200RT