• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1990 k 75 s rear shock?

chasmrider

not lost til out of gas
hi all, I recently acquired a 1990 K 75 S with 80,000 miles. it runs and rides good, but...….. I think I need a new rear shock. I would like to hear what you are running, also wondering if I should get a " good " used on ebay, or buy new. I have bought several shocks from Ted Porter for other bikes, so probably would buy new from Ted. any thoughts? Chuck

I recommend the Progressive 412-4015B.

Tuned well for the K75S.
Quick and easy preload adjustment for changing loads (which means you will actually use it).
Great bang for the buck.
When they start to wear out, I can put a NEW damper (using the existing spring) in them for less than the cost of a rebuild on a rebuildable shock or buy an entire new unit for close to the price of a rebuild (which usually is only a few seals) that they charge a few hundred for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Progressiv...272579&hash=item469938f97c:g:QyIAAOSwYy5dJKFc

Progressive also offers a shorter (1/2- 3/4") shock that has a slightly softer spring 412-4016B for a similar price.

:dance:dance:dance

Don't get a used shock. They are probably as dead as the one on your bike now. Call Ted's Beemer Shop.... They will steer you through the variety of new shock options. It is not just a shock, it is also about getting a spring that is matched to your weight and riding load.

I put that progressive 412 on my 1990 K75RT a couple of years back
Very happy with it
Changed for the better, how that bike rides and feels.

Back