• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RT handlebar phone mount?

Stebe

Sorry if this has been done to death before, but searching didn't yield results. I'm thinking about a handlebar mount for a cell phone, Galaxy S9, if that matters, going on a '16 RT. Have you done this? and what recommendations do you have?. Thanks

Have a look at the Similar Threads panel at the bottom of the page. Might help you get going.
OM

Might look at Tackform. Had been using RAM mounts but recently switched. The Tackform mounts are smaller, all-aluminum and better quality IMHO.

Photo is Tackform mount with iPhone X, about same size as Galaxy S9.

c0d8234998227d3bbac4fdae617d0380.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has been done to death before, but searching didn't yield results. I'm thinking about a handlebar mount for a cell phone, Galaxy S9, if that matters, going on a '16 RT. Have you done this? and what recommendations do you have?. Thanks

May not be what you’re looking to do, but just picked up a Ram mount that attaches to the ring around the gas cap. By the time you attach the Ram to the mount, it places the phone higher and forward. Works well with my S9 on my RT.

Here’s a photo of the Ram mount.
0dac92f6e0dfb49d726925a884990839.jpg

Thanks. I saw one similar to that on RevZilla, I think, said fit BMW and Kawasaki, but then only referenced some slightly older Beemers. I wasn't sure if it would fit mine, but that looks exactly like it.

Have a look at the Similar Threads panel at the bottom of the page. Might help you get going.
OM

Yeah, funny thing, I used the search function and scrolled through dozens of pages, finally started this thread and as soon as I did, there were the things I was looking for at the bottom of the page. They were helpful, once revealed. It would have been nice if they'd showed up by using the search function.

That is brilliant! I love RAM stuff. Do you happen to have the RAM part number for the gas tank mount pictured?

I do. It’s B-411U. Amazon has it.

The above part number is just for the gas tank mount, not the arm or grip.

Thank you! Did you also need to get longer bolts for mounting?

Please disregard. I see the mount comes with bolts included. For those interested, it includes:

(QTY. 4), M5-0.8 x 40MM Socket Head Cap Screw
(QTY. 3), M5-0.8 x 25MM Socket Head Cap Screw
(QTY. 4), M5 Stainless Steel Flat Washer

Did you use the 4, 40mm cap screws included?

Please disregard. I see the mount comes with bolts included. For those interested, it includes:

(QTY. 4), M5-0.8 x 40MM Socket Head Cap Screw
(QTY. 3), M5-0.8 x 25MM Socket Head Cap Screw
(QTY. 4), M5 Stainless Steel Flat Washer

Did you use the 4, 40mm cap screws included?

Didn’t use any of them as I used the screws I had used for the tank bag mount that I took off.

Have you looked at the accessories wall at your local dealer? I've seen aftermarket mounts at both Long Beach BMW and Irv Seaver's. What actually caught my eye was that a motor officer was buying one for his bike, and we chatted about that for a moment - they sync it to their system, then when they get a call to go somewhere, it pops up with a map and directions. Sorry I forget the brand at the moment (red & black card?)... I'm useless...

Back