• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BeemerBoneyard Review

oldmannew

I hope this is a good place to post this - just wanted to give props to Beemer Boneyard!

I ordered a set of their fuel line quick-disconnects last week. After submitting the order, I realized I forgot to order a dozen spare o-rings as intended. Quick email, and within an hour they responded that they would throw the o-rings in, no charge. Score +1 for BB!

The parts arrived quickly. I installed them over the weekend, and was puzzled when my '04 1150RT wouldn't start. Upon inspection, I found that the female half of the QD on the high-pressure line was missing its internal check valve; this resulted in the male side not having anything to push against and open, so I had no fuel flow. I swapped the two female halves and was able to start right up. Of course now my return line isn't operating.

So I emailed BB yesterday morning explaining the situation. Within 30 minutes they replied, offering to send a new part. Score +2!

30 minutes later, I got a notification that the part was heading to the mail. This morning, I checked the tracking number, and the part will arrive Wednesday. Score +3!

Anyway, I just wanted to give out some love for Beemer Boneyard's excellent customer service. In my experience, this level of service is very rare, and I felt they deserve some recognition.

I'll be shopping with them again, and I hope you will, too!

ron

Love that place... especially when it comes to scheduled maintenance kits. They package the whole deal for a reasonable price. I sure wish BMW dealers would do that!

Ian

I hope this is a good place to post this - just wanted to give props to Beemer Boneyard!

Its a credit to you that you saw fit to give them props rather than slag them off for sending a faulty part. :thumb

The true test of a company happens when something goes wrong. Their response speaks volumes.

Not to be repetitive, Beemer Boneyard is tops. In 2018 I ordered a series of lubricants/filters and they included crush washers, which included a note: "Thought you might need these."

Service, attention and follow-through for beginners or experienced wrenchers.

Somewhere (Omega Man ??) there is a list of BMW specific recyclers. An internet search will also disclose any number of all-brands moto recyclers. Then there is Ebay which always has a variety of parts. When I needed an engine I located a good one at a large recycler in Massilon, Ohio. So I don't expect Beemer Boneyard to have every part I might need. But I am willing to bet that with diligence virtually any modern part can be found.

Somewhere (Omega Man ??) there is a list of BMW specific recyclers. An internet search will also disclose any number of all-brands moto recyclers. Then there is Ebay which always has a variety of parts. When I needed an engine I located a good one at a large recycler in Massilon, Ohio. So I don't expect Beemer Boneyard to have every part I might need. But I am willing to bet that with diligence virtually any modern part can be found.

Kurt (20774), has put together Links and Refrences-

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdisplay.php?76-Links-and-References

The forum should find that section(s) full of valuable information.

OM

Back