• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1st time BMW owner... Be gentle.

mcfly

I've been a BMWMOA member for a little while now.

Received my 'new to me' 2016 S1000XR Premium in Alpine White back in July.
Have put well over a thousand miles on it already. Fanstastic motorcycle.

I re-entered the riding scene in 2011 after a 25 year hiatus. Jumped in on
a 2006 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000). Rode that all over the Southeast until
selling it this May, to upgrade to the XR.

My introduction to the S1000XR was at a Motorrad Test Ride Event back in 2017.
After riding the GS, the S1000R and the K1600, I got on the XR and was instantly
hooked. All great bikes... this one 'called to me'. :blush

My bike is destined to do quite a bit of touring, motocamping and stress release riding.

IMG_0814-M.jpg

IMG_0815-M.jpg

Actually they call ADVrider the asylum and with about 350 000 members I think those inmates take it. Either way welcome to the forum, let us know when you get your second Beemer.

Actually they call ADVrider the asylum and with about 350 000 members I think those inmates take it. Either way welcome to the forum, let us know when you get your second Beemer.

Yes they do and I am a member there too, but this place can get a little funny as well.. In a good way..:thumb

Yup, ADV junkie since ‘06 with over 11K posts. It’s like my second home where my only friends are:dance

Thanks All! There's a chesire cat like grin on my face
eveytime I twist the right wrist. No doubt I'll be lovin'
this bike for some time!

A little jaunt from Central Florida to the GA border for
some lunch next weekend. Stretch her legs a bit!

(BTW... ANY motorcycle forum is an asylum. Always nice to meet others as crazy as I am!)

Serving up another Welcome!

Central Florida Eh... If thats home, you certainly will be getting in "quite a bit of touring" on that great looking machine.

Hope to see you at an event/club meeting somewhere there this winter season.

Maybe this January's BMWNEF Club Winter Rally will work out for you. Register NLT about Nov 15th; there's a # limit.

Ride well,

"travel'n" John

Back