Thread: BMW Riding School

BMW Riding School

I recently read an article in one of my monthly magazines about the Riders Training Classes or School that BMW has in one of the southern states. I have tried to find the article again but can not seen to find it. Possibly I read it online somewhere also and I just think i read in one of the monthly mags. If someone can direct me in the right direction that would be helpful. It might have had to do with testing a GS model

Thank you for the help
    Ben

BMW Performance Center - Greer, SC

Ben - The BMW School is held at the BMW Performance Center in Greer, SC. Here's a link: https://855motobmw.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQ...oaAt2HEALw_wcB

As a BMW MOA member you could get a discount on the course tuition. I've taken the On-Road Course. You'll see they offer off-road training and Motor Officer training also.
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    “So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key”

Quote Originally Posted by magellan44 View Post
    I recently read an article in one of my monthly magazines about the Riders Training Classes or School that BMW has in one of the southern states. I have tried to find the article again but can not seen to find it. Possibly I read it online somewhere also and I just think i read in one of the monthly mags. If someone can direct me in the right direction that would be helpful. It might have had to do with testing a GS model

Thank you for the help
    Ben
    Ben,

Just a reminder, the Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Rider Courses are free to all PA MC license holders thru the PA motorcycle safety program (http://www.pamsp.com/)
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Fellows.

Thank you for the replies, one of the reasons I was interested in this article was because of the off and on road training. Yrs ago I did the PA training course to lower my insurance rate and found it to be very useful.

This is one of those times when I wish I would have marked the page of the magazine. I think it may have been a review of one of the GS models BMW makes. It was either the ON mag or Road Runner mag in the past 3 months or so. The article also mentioned about a discount of $250.00 or something on those lines. See, that is why I wanted to re-read the article because it explained how to go about receiving the discount or have it paid for.

Never hurts to refresh ones motorcycle skill set.

Thank you again fellows.

Info and application for the Paul B. training scholarship offered through the BMW MOA Foundation is here: https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/paulb
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT