• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gerbing heated vest

wardjhwtaw

I have bought a second hand Olympia jacket with water proof liner and a Gerbing heated vest. I have not worn the jacket with the liner nor the heated vest. Does anyone know if the heated vest needs to be shielded with the water proof liner in the event of rain?

It might depend on the exact model and age of the vest, but the current models are hand washable, and use "patented micro-sized stainless steel fibers intertwined and encased in a proprietary waterproof coating." Getting the vest wet should not be a problem.

Stiil, warm and dry is more comfortable than warm and wet, so I'd use both the Olympia liner and the vest in the rain. Actually, I use a separate rain suit over my Olympia gear, because it drys more easily than a heavy, rain-soaked jacket.

You might contact the company through their website for their recommendations about your particular vest.

Yes, vest needs to be an inner layer. Near to you and inside the insulation layers to retain the heat it generates.

Yes, vest needs to be an inner layer. Near to you and inside the insulation layers to retain the heat it generates.

From skin out: T-shirt, heated vest/liner, then a snug sweater or something to keep the heated item close to the body.

Back