• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

SiriusXM Station Memory Settings Lost after Update

boborgail

I have a 2018 R1200RT and have experienced a loss of station memory when SiriusXM downloads an update to the bike's radio.

Sometimes I lose three or four stored memory stations; other times just one or two.

Anyone else experience this? Not a major problem to reprogram the memory buttons but wondering what might cause this and if others have experienced it as well.

Thanks

How Do You Recognize an XM/Sirius update to the RT Radio?

I haven't seen such a thing on my 2015 RT. I have Sirius on one RT, one BMW 4-wheeler and one Acura TL. The stations seem never to have changed or been removed over multiple years...seven years on the Acura TL.

Also, I don't know how much you're paying per radio. I've negotiated so often that I now get a range of stations and XM/Sirius streaming for $5/month per radio. The technique (which I learned from Acura people), is to keep track of expiration dates, and cancel before reaching the date. I got the $5/month rate once, and after pissing and moaning, they always give it to me.

Recognizing a SiriusXM Update on my RT

When my bike receives an update from SiriusXM, the radio (which is always in the on position) shows "Updating" where the station normally appears. This occurs when I first start the bike and appears and lasts a minute or less and then the radio begins working again. This is when my presets sometimes are gone.

I've never seen or experieinced this on my Acura RDX either. I think the updates are pushed out when new channels are offered, such as the new Halloween channel or when the Christmas holiday music channels arrive.

Again, not a major problem, but it occurred on my 2015 RT as well. Perhaps I need to purchase a new R1250RT? Hmmm, better get "wife-approval" first. I'm workin' on that but that's for a different post.

I have a 2018 R1200RT and have experienced a loss of station memory when SiriusXM downloads an update to the bike's radio.

Sometimes I lose three or four stored memory stations; other times just one or two.

Anyone else experience this? Not a major problem to reprogram the memory buttons but wondering what might cause this and if others have experienced it as well.

Thanks

I have had the same issues on my 1250RT. The first time I lost the country stations and the second time both the country and jazz stations. As to why it has occurred I have no idea. Thankfully it is not difficult to reprogram the stations.

I haven't seen such a thing on my 2015 RT. I have Sirius on one RT, one BMW 4-wheeler and one Acura TL. The stations seem never to have changed or been removed over multiple years...seven years on the Acura TL.

Also, I don't know how much you're paying per radio. I've negotiated so often that I now get a range of stations and XM/Sirius streaming for $5/month per radio. The technique (which I learned from Acura people), is to keep track of expiration dates, and cancel before reaching the date. I got the $5/month rate once, and after pissing and moaning, they always give it to me.
Along with this, I have found asking for a bill (paying with a check in the mail) helps in the negotiating process.......
OM

To the OP's point... My Sirius stations get reset every now and then -- that is, the radio powers up with a different station than the last station to which I was tuned. Sometimes this happens when I have the bike parked in my garage for long periods without using it -- it will reset to station 1. Sometimes it happens randomly when I stop for gas, and it will jump to some odd station like 200. It's a mystery.

I have tried that strategy, too. But it only worked once, many years ago. The last time I tried it, they allowed me to cancel without making me an offer. I let it lapse for a few years, and then used one of their published "introductory" offers to restart. At this point I have 3 vehicles with staggered expirations, and I allow them to auto-renew. That offends my frugal nature, but in the great scheme of things, I can live with it.

Cap

Back