• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Deer Me

WooDmEn

We’ve lived in the North Georgia mountains for about twenty years now, and I finally found a deer I could hit...

Two-lane road, speed 50-55 I would guess. A little fawn came out of the forest to my left, meandering, and I had time and space to deal with it. Then, his cousin came out of the same spot, hell bent for leather just as I was taking there slack out of the front brake lever to slow - when you see one deer, look for more. This one was bigger, prolly forty pounds and running at a forth-five degree dangle to my path of travel, right at me. I though I could out run him and let him pass to my rear, but a Baby GS does not accelerate with enthusiasm without a downshift, and I didn’t have time.

The deer struck my left lower left leg with one heck of a whallop, and it hurt life the fires of hell. The bike never waver or wobbled. I kept going, gritting my teeth for a few miles until the pain subsided. If I had slowed, the bigger deer would have been right in front of my front wheel, so i glad I didn’t get to the brakes. The impact raised a good-sized hematoma; I iced it down and it went away.

No crash, very grateful.

Glad it turned out as well as it did...damn deer. So far, we've been lucky about actually hitting one, but oh so close. Be careful out there! :)

Back