• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F850GSA Music Integration

snotty54

Well, I made my first stab at regulating music on my new F850GSA while moving it from Ft. Lauderdale (where I bought it) last week just after the 1st service. First, I paired my phone (Samsung 8) to the GSA, it was already paired to the NAV VI, and my Sena 20S. I was able to take and make calls, listen to music from my Serius/XM radio account on the phone, and Pandora too. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't change channels with the wonder wheel, and had to pull over, pull off a glove, open my tank bag (Givi) and select another channel, then button back up and get under way again.

Midway through the run to Asheville (where I keep the bikes ('18 R1200RT too) for 8 months out of the year, I noticed when I stopped and shut the bike off, I'd get a double beep in my Sena headset and when I started back up, no music. I had to then go in to the phone blue tooth menu and reselect the Sena, it would hook back up and music would come on. I then started turning the Sena off before I turned off the bike, and then turning the Sena back on once the bike was fired up, and music would work sometimes, but not all the time. Occasionally I'd get the double beep and I'd have to re-blue tooth the phone to the Sena again. I unpaired the GSA to the phone figuring it was interfering but the GSA still reached out so I probably need to kill all the pairings and start from scratch So, for anyone that may have the answer:

1) What is the best pairing method so that I have music from the phone in the Sena
2) Can hear the voice commands from the NAV VI when I'm running a route
3) Can receive my phone calls through the SENA and be able to make calls from my phone utilizing the SENA while my helmet is still on
4) Lastly, way wish list, has anyone figured out how to control the phone music from the Wonder Wheel on the 850's?

Appreciate any enlightenment,

Scotty

rightFront.jpg

F850GSA connectivity

Well, surprised I didn't get anyone to respond to this thread. Just finished a 5 day trip and I've figured out a lot, maybe my experience will help someone else who attempts to take advantage of the TFT on the F850GSA, or the GS's for that matter.

I had Bluetooth issues and trouble with the tft hooking up with my sena 20s. I deleted all bluetooth connectons in my phone, my tft on the F850, my Nav VI and my Sena 20s. I then paired my Sena to the TFT, and my phone to the TFT, and that worked. I was able to listen to music on my phone through the Sena. I then realized I wasn't able to get route commands/announcements from the NAV VI to the Sena, and I wasn't getting weather and traffic on the NAV VI from the phone, where I've got the Garmin Smart App and purchased weather. I then paired the Sena with the Nav VI and the phone with the NAV VI and everything worked. The one thing that caught me in the beginning was that the TFT on the bike takes about a minute to reconnect with the Sena and the phone.

Scotty

rightFront.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzPoILCj-aU

I think you've uncovered your earliest error and righted it. You cannot have the phone paired to your Sena 20S and the TFT and the Nav VI and expect the music to work through the TFT. Watch David's video. He has some excellent advice and may help clear up some things for you. It appears that you've figured out most of it for yourself.

Roger,

Thank you for that... I learned the same thing... luckily, right before my last trip. :thumb

EDIT: Forgot to add, I have the Cardo Bold JBL... not the Sena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzPoILCj-aU

I think you've uncovered your earliest error and righted it. You cannot have the phone paired to your Sena 20S and the TFT and the Nav VI and expect the music to work through the TFT. Watch David's video. He has some excellent advice and may help clear up some things for you. It appears that you've figured out most of it for yourself.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Have your dealer update firmware on your TFT, a warranty procedure if you are having BT issues. Then follow the pairing instructions in the video. If you are using an iPhone I find a reboot after clearing BT connections to be helpful since iOS caches everything. Use a computer, USB cable, and the Sena program to manage settings on your 20S and don’t pair phone to the Sena.

I was having fits with my 2018 GS until my dealer upgraded all the electronic modules on my bike, including the TFT, and I followed the steps in the video. All is still not perfecr—BMW needs to continue development—but the setup is at least usable now.

Good luck,
DeVern

Back