• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Removing Plastic GPS Blanking Plate

rna4266

I have a suspicion I'm going to feel stupid when I hear the answer, but can someone tell me how to take off the plastic GPS blanking plate on a '15 RT?

There is a push button on the right side of the housing...press in and remove blanking plate.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

There is a push button on the right side of the housing...press in and remove blanking plate.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Looks like I have the button delete feature on mine. Now that I know where it is supposed to be, is there something I can stick in the hole to get the GPS cover off?
IMG_2288.jpg

Hmmm. Looks like I have the button delete feature on mine. Now that I know where it is supposed to be, is there something I can stick in the hole to get the GPS cover off?

Some people do things like this (remove the button or put a screw in the button, etc...) because otherwise the GPS is not at all secure when you park the bike.

With the button present, you need to remove the GPS every time you park in public (which is what I do).

Shine a light in there and you might be able to see where you can push with a small screwdriver. You need around 1/4" movement. The latch grips at the top so press on the bottom of the cover plate as you are pressing the release button (or screwdriver).

Back