• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Possible 85 K100 purchase

As I said, I was riding a new R1100RS when I bought my first K, an 85 RS. I found the vibrations of a higher frequency than you get from oilheads, but the twins seem to have a greater amplitude. The vibes didn't seem that bad to me, but then I bought a K1100, which has much more rubber mounting (pegs and grips). A definite improvement. Then I went and bought a K1200 (rubber mounted engine). Smooooooooth!

As I said, I was riding a new R1100RS when I bought my first K, an 85 RS. I found the vibrations of a higher frequency than you get from oilheads, but the twins seem to have a greater amplitude. The vibes didn't seem that bad to me, but then I bought a K1100, which has much more rubber mounting (pegs and grips). A definite improvement. Then I went and bought a K1200 (rubber mounted engine). Smooooooooth!
That's the case with the CB line, also. The 750 is hard-mounted to the frame and uses a chain for the final drive. The 900, 1000, and I believe the 1100F all went to rubber mount points and shaft drive, offering a much less buzzy ride. I toyed with the idea of adapting rubber mounts from a 900 to fit the 750, but it would be much smarter just to get a 900, come to that.

I'm hoping to get to look at the K later this week and see what it's like in person. I watched Chris Harris's video on prebuy inspections for K75s and K100s, and also the video on swapping out the final drive. Good stuff.

Richard,

If you want smooth get a K75. Nothing is rubber mounted. No need to. Smoothest running engine BMW ever built.

Not quite the power (20-25 less) but plenty quick one up. The K75S is a lot of fun.

:dance:dance:dance

Back