• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Ride!

yogibauer

Greetings All!
I just purchased a beautiful F650GS and I’m so pumped I can hardly contain myself. It’s a perfect bike for me-I have been looking for awhile and I have a good friend who is a BMWMOA member and every time I mentioned a ride I saw on Craigslist he mentioned the MOA marketplace. Well I’m glad he did. The bike is a perfect match for me and any apprehension I had about riding vanished when I sat on the bike. The bike was purchased new from MaxBMW in Troy and has been meticulously maintained by the previous owner.
It was factory lowered and when my feet were flat on the ground my whole body relaxed.
I have a question - there’s no centerstand - what’s best? A modified OEM or?

Cheers

Dave
NY

Last edited:
Research

Hey All did some research on the forum and realized there was plenty of info on the centerstand lowering, bike raising conundrum. I’ll reread and talk to the guys at Max BMW and twisted throttle seems to have a solution as well.

Cheers

David

Welcome to the forum!
Have a check in the F-Twins section including the DIY “sticky”. Seems like there was a recent posting on the centerstand issue. You can bring up info via the “Tag Cloud” as well.
Enjoy the new ride and the forum.
Gary

It was factory lowered and when my feet were flat on the ground my whole body relaxed.
I have a question - there’s no centerstand - what’s best? A modified OEM or?

I might suggest looking on eBay for a shortened centerstand. Mortons BMW sawed a section out and rewelded it for HSV-Karen's new, "factory-lowered" 2009 F650GS-Twin. Are you on the twin, or the Thumper? She has since replaced the suspension and raised the bike back to standard height. I'd suspect there are centerstands out there for sale, perhaps at Beemer Boneyard or in Bob's Used Parts inventory in Jessup MD...

Ciao! HSV-PHil & HSV-Karen

Back