Thread: New 2019 RT

New 2019 RT

Just purchased my third BMW. Had a 2016 RT that I crashed. Replaced it with a 2916 GS, but preferred the RT, so picked one up this weekend. A demo with only 275 miles on it and loaded. The most obvious improvement to me was the smoothness of the transmission compared to my prior two bikes (which both had the shift assist). The engine also seems more responsive/aggressive, but waiting to break it in properly before pushing it.

Mine has the Metzler tires on it, which seem fine so far, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Booger Man
    Congrats. Let see a picture of the new RT

Congratulations on your new R1250RT. You are right. The tranny is smoother. Here is my new RT with Russell Day Long saddles..

Jeff Dean
    Tucson, Arizona, and Madison, Wisconsin
    Co-founder, 1972, of BMW MOA -- http://bmwdean.com/r1200rtw.htm
    2017 R1200RT, 2019 R1250RT, 1967 R60/2

Quote Originally Posted by bmwdean View Post
    Congratulations on your new R1250RT. You are right. The tranny is smoother. Here is my new RT with Russell Day Long saddles..

Who did your seats? The BMW seats are their normal hard as a rock style.

I am still waiting just over a month for the tags on my new RT. I bought it from a dealership out of state and they can't seem to figure out how to get my tags. It all started out with wrong VIN number on all the paperwork when I did the DMV vin inspection only to be topped by the dealership not submitting the documents to BMW north America. I'm on a first name basis with customer relations after this dealership continued to tell me a new story every time I talked to them.
    I've now owned 4 BMW motorcycles and have never had a more terrible experience buying anything than this new RT. I asked customer service if they were okay with the dealership and how they let my paperwork just sit for 3 weeks having not turned appropriate documents over to BMW. The only recourse I now have is to never spend another nickel at that dealership. BMW north America has expressed that they're sorry but the dealership never once said we're the ones who screwed this up and we'll make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by TGA57589 View Post
    He mentioned itís a Russel Day Long. Love the style he chose!

I agree. They are Russell Day Long saddles:

https://day-long.com/gallery/bmw/
    Jeff Dean
    Tucson, Arizona, and Madison, Wisconsin
    Co-founder, 1972, of BMW MOA -- http://bmwdean.com/r1200rtw.htm
    2017 R1200RT, 2019 R1250RT, 1967 R60/2

I am still waiting just over a month for the tags on my new RT. I bought it from a dealership out of state and they can't seem to figure out how to get my tags. It all started out with wrong VIN number on all the paperwork when I did the DMV vin inspection only to be topped by the dealership not submitting the documents to BMW north America. I'm on a first name basis with customer relations after this dealership continued to tell me a new story every time I talked to them.
    I've now owned 4 BMW motorcycles and have never had a more terrible experience buying anything than this new RT. I asked customer service if they were okay with the dealership and how they let my paperwork just sit for 3 weeks having not turned appropriate documents over to BMW. The only recourse I now have is to never spend another nickel at that dealership. BMW north America has expressed that they're sorry but the dealership never once said we're the ones who screwed this up and we'll make it right.

Not to pour salt on your wound, but I bought my new RT on a Saturday. The dealer issued me a paper drive-out tag. On TUESDAY, my plate arrived in the mail! Not only the was dealership committed to complete the transaction, but the county gub'ment was quick to issue the tag. It does help for the dealer to have access to DMV data base to expedite the titling process.

I hate that somebody decided to put you through that.

Cheers,
    William
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

Quote Originally Posted by dlb56 View Post
    Just purchased my third BMW. Had a 2016 RT that I crashed. Replaced it with a 2916 GS, but preferred the RT, so picked one up this weekend. A demo with only 275 miles on it and loaded. The most obvious improvement to me was the smoothness of the transmission compared to my prior two bikes (which both had the shift assist). The engine also seems more responsive/aggressive, but waiting to break it in properly before pushing it.

Mine has the Metzler tires on it, which seem fine so far, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I hear you. I did the same, although each time I rode it (daily) I got closer to pushing that envelope. I am almost certain that I exceeded the recommended RPM's and definitely some FULL throttle, too. If you know what I mean.
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    He mentioned itís a Russel Day Long. Love the style he chose!
    Yeah I missed that he said Russel looking at it on my phone. I'm going to do that too. I had a Rick Mayer on my '07 and it was great but he was a dandy to deal with.

You also mentioned the Metzelers, I was thrilled that line has them on it because I trusted them back east riding in rain alot. Living in the west now with the roads being more aggressive I'm sure they'll wear a bit faster. I'm afraid to try anything else.