• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New 2019 RT

dlb56

Just purchased my third BMW. Had a 2016 RT that I crashed. Replaced it with a 2916 GS, but preferred the RT, so picked one up this weekend. A demo with only 275 miles on it and loaded. The most obvious improvement to me was the smoothness of the transmission compared to my prior two bikes (which both had the shift assist). The engine also seems more responsive/aggressive, but waiting to break it in properly before pushing it.

Mine has the Metzler tires on it, which seem fine so far, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your new R1250RT. You are right. The tranny is smoother. Here is my new RT with Russell Day Long saddles..

2019-paired.jpg

I am still waiting just over a month for the tags on my new RT. I bought it from a dealership out of state and they can't seem to figure out how to get my tags. It all started out with wrong VIN number on all the paperwork when I did the DMV vin inspection only to be topped by the dealership not submitting the documents to BMW north America. I'm on a first name basis with customer relations after this dealership continued to tell me a new story every time I talked to them.
I've now owned 4 BMW motorcycles and have never had a more terrible experience buying anything than this new RT. I asked customer service if they were okay with the dealership and how they let my paperwork just sit for 3 weeks having not turned appropriate documents over to BMW. The only recourse I now have is to never spend another nickel at that dealership. BMW north America has expressed that they're sorry but the dealership never once said we're the ones who screwed this up and we'll make it right.

I am still waiting just over a month for the tags on my new RT. I bought it from a dealership out of state and they can't seem to figure out how to get my tags. It all started out with wrong VIN number on all the paperwork when I did the DMV vin inspection only to be topped by the dealership not submitting the documents to BMW north America. I'm on a first name basis with customer relations after this dealership continued to tell me a new story every time I talked to them.
I've now owned 4 BMW motorcycles and have never had a more terrible experience buying anything than this new RT. I asked customer service if they were okay with the dealership and how they let my paperwork just sit for 3 weeks having not turned appropriate documents over to BMW. The only recourse I now have is to never spend another nickel at that dealership. BMW north America has expressed that they're sorry but the dealership never once said we're the ones who screwed this up and we'll make it right.

Not to pour salt on your wound, but I bought my new RT on a Saturday. The dealer issued me a paper drive-out tag. On TUESDAY, my plate arrived in the mail! Not only the was dealership committed to complete the transaction, but the county gub'ment was quick to issue the tag. It does help for the dealer to have access to DMV data base to expedite the titling process.

I hate that somebody decided to put you through that.

Cheers,
William

Just purchased my third BMW. Had a 2016 RT that I crashed. Replaced it with a 2916 GS, but preferred the RT, so picked one up this weekend. A demo with only 275 miles on it and loaded. The most obvious improvement to me was the smoothness of the transmission compared to my prior two bikes (which both had the shift assist). The engine also seems more responsive/aggressive, but waiting to break it in properly before pushing it.

Mine has the Metzler tires on it, which seem fine so far, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I hear you. I did the same, although each time I rode it (daily) I got closer to pushing that envelope. I am almost certain that I exceeded the recommended RPM's and definitely some FULL throttle, too. If you know what I mean. :ha

He mentioned it’s a Russel Day Long. Love the style he chose!
Yeah I missed that he said Russel looking at it on my phone. I'm going to do that too. I had a Rick Mayer on my '07 and it was great but he was a dandy to deal with.

You also mentioned the Metzelers, I was thrilled that line has them on it because I trusted them back east riding in rain alot. Living in the west now with the roads being more aggressive I'm sure they'll wear a bit faster. I'm afraid to try anything else.

Back