• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lee Parks Deersports PCi 3 Year Durability Report

moshe_levy

All

Here's a quick look at how the Lee Parks Deersports PCi gloves are holding up after three years of commuting duty!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Iz6ZrGpcoQE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-MKL

Just curious...have you used any leather conditioner on the gloves during the time you've owned them? Just wondering if that might help offset the fading effects of the sun.
Thanks!

I have a set of deer skin gloves I've been wearing for ten years. I paid around $30 for them at an independent Harley dealer in Fairbanks; they have no brand markings. Except for some fading and scuffing they are still as good as new. No doubt the Lee Parks gloves appear better designed and constructed, but deer skin seems to be inherently more durable than cow hide.

I have a set of deer skin gloves I've been wearing for ten years. I paid around $30 for them at an independent Harley dealer in Fairbanks; they have no brand markings. Except for some fading and scuffing they are still as good as new. No doubt the Lee Parks gloves appear better designed and constructed, but deer skin seems to be inherently more durable than cow hide.

I've been wearing deer skin gloves I bought at Tractor Supply for the last two years. Deer hide can get wet and stays flexible unlike cowhide. I soaked mine 2x and wore them till they dried while riding, they form fitted to my fingers. Can't do that with cowhide. I've got some high dollar riding gloves, the 22.00 I spent on the deer skin gloves have kept my other gloves stored. :thumb

I feel the same about my elk skin Ropers...soft, tough and all day comfortable. I also completely wetted them the first time of use...they formed to my hands and are pretty much the only gloves I wear when street riding now.

I feel the same about my elk skin Ropers...soft, tough and all day comfortable. I also completely wetted them the first time of use...they formed to my hands and are pretty much the only gloves I wear when street riding now.

The ropers are very nice gloves. :thumb

The ropers are very nice gloves. :thumb

I have a couple of riding buddies that swear by them and have worn them for years. When I was finally due for some new gloves, decided to give them a try. Wow, now I know why my buddies loved their Ropers!

Thanks Moshe
I like gloves with armor so I'm looking forward to your review on the Sumo Lee Parks.

I know this thread is a year old, so I apologize, but just how protective are the Lee Parks deerskin gloves in case of a crash? I have a pair, and they are the most comfortable gloves I have used. However I also have track gloves with palm sliders, knuckle armor, and pinkie protection. Seeing that level protection has made me hesitant to use the deerskin gloves. Will that supple deerskin really hold up skidding across concrete? Any real life experience with these?

rickdm

I know this thread is a year old, so I apologize, but just how protective are the Lee Parks deerskin gloves in case of a crash? I have a pair, and they are the most comfortable gloves I have used. However I also have track gloves with palm sliders, knuckle armor, and pinkie protection. Seeing that level protection has made me hesitant to use the deerskin gloves. Will that supple deerskin really hold up skidding across concrete? Any real life experience with these?

rickdm

:lurk:lurk:lurk

Back