Thread: Lee Parks Deersports PCi 3 Year Durability Report

Lee Parks Deersports PCi 3 Year Durability Report

All

Here's a quick look at how the Lee Parks Deersports PCi gloves are holding up after three years of commuting duty!

-MKL
    Moshe K. Levy
    Moto Mouth Moshe https://www.youtube.com/c/motomouthmoshe
    1973 BMW R75/5 / 1987 Yamaha YSR50 / 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer / 2015 BMW R1200RT

Just curious...have you used any leather conditioner on the gloves during the time you've owned them? Just wondering if that might help offset the fading effects of the sun.
    Thanks!
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

I have a set of deer skin gloves I've been wearing for ten years. I paid around $30 for them at an independent Harley dealer in Fairbanks; they have no brand markings. Except for some fading and scuffing they are still as good as new. No doubt the Lee Parks gloves appear better designed and constructed, but deer skin seems to be inherently more durable than cow hide.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I have a set of deer skin gloves I've been wearing for ten years. I paid around $30 for them at an independent Harley dealer in Fairbanks; they have no brand markings. Except for some fading and scuffing they are still as good as new. No doubt the Lee Parks gloves appear better designed and constructed, but deer skin seems to be inherently more durable than cow hide.
    I've been wearing deer skin gloves I bought at Tractor Supply for the last two years. Deer hide can get wet and stays flexible unlike cowhide. I soaked mine 2x and wore them till they dried while riding, they form fitted to my fingers. Can't do that with cowhide. I've got some high dollar riding gloves, the 22.00 I spent on the deer skin gloves have kept my other gloves stored.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I feel the same about my elk skin Ropers...soft, tough and all day comfortable. I also completely wetted them the first time of use...they formed to my hands and are pretty much the only gloves I wear when street riding now.
    MOA #93031

Quote Originally Posted by powwow View Post
    I feel the same about my elk skin Ropers...soft, tough and all day comfortable. I also completely wetted them the first time of use...they formed to my hands and are pretty much the only gloves I wear when street riding now.
    The ropers are very nice gloves.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    The ropers are very nice gloves.
    I have a couple of riding buddies that swear by them and have worn them for years. When I was finally due for some new gloves, decided to give them a try. Wow, now I know why my buddies loved their Ropers!
    MOA #93031

Thanks Moshe
    I like gloves with armor so I'm looking forward to your review on the Sumo Lee Parks.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT