Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions re 2019 K1600GT

Questions re 2019 K1600GT

Hello All. I am a BMW MOA member because we bought my girlfriend the S1000XR. I have had a Honda Rune and 3 Honda Goldwing F6Bs. I just sold the last F6B and am going to purchase a 2019 K1600GT. I have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with. If you go to Cycle Trader or Claz.org or wherever they sell a lot of the K1600GT I find some pretty big variances in price. Even for the new ones. My first question is this. On the 2019 model.....were there options that would create the differences in price that I am seeing. Are the adaptive headlights standard or is that an option? I see one that I want but its 30k....compared to others that I have seen for 24k or 27k. Plus we are headed into winter....maybe I should just wait until January? is that wise?
    I will probably buy a new left over 2019 unless I find a great deal on a low mileage used one. I want the silver/black/red paint scheme. Is there anything that I should know about these bikes. My friend rides a 2016 model and loves it. What would you guys pay for a new leftover? Planning on Great Falls in June.
    Located in South Carolina.
    Thanks all.
    I wanted to add a picture of the K1600GT that I like.....it has those sweet rims on it....the black ones with the chrome legs ..but I dont see a way to add pictures to this post.
    Russel McNeil

Prevost (30 miles north of Montreal), Quebec, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by fslane1966 View Post
    Hello All. I am a BMW MOA member because we bought my girlfriend the S1000XR. I have had a Honda Rune and 3 Honda Goldwing F6Bs. I just sold the last F6B and am going to purchase a 2019 K1600GT. I have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with. If you go to Cycle Trader or Claz.org or wherever they sell a lot of the K1600GT I find some pretty big variances in price. Even for the new ones. My first question is this. On the 2019 model.....were there options that would create the differences in price that I am seeing. Are the adaptive headlights standard or is that an option? I see one that I want but its 30k....compared to others that I have seen for 24k or 27k. Plus we are headed into winter....maybe I should just wait until January? is that wise?
    I will probably buy a new left over 2019 unless I find a great deal on a low mileage used one. I want the silver/black/red paint scheme. Is there anything that I should know about these bikes. My friend rides a 2016 model and loves it. What would you guys pay for a new leftover? Planning on Great Falls in June.
    Located in South Carolina.
    Thanks all.
    I wanted to add a picture of the K1600GT that I like.....it has those sweet rims on it....the black ones with the chrome legs ..but I dont see a way to add pictures to this post.
    Russel McNeil
    Please be advised that there is a no sell order from BMW and a pending recall for the transmission to be announced affecting all K1600 produced since November 2016 to today.

Robert
    2016 K1600GT Cosmic Blue , ABS, ASC, ESAII, TPMS & Alarm, Radio, Sat, GPS Nav V
    Skene IQ150-TS front and IQ 160-TS rear

Russel -

There are a couple of ways to this. If you want to add a picture to your original post, use the Edit Post link at the bottom right of your post. Then click on Go Advanced. Page down to the Manage Attachments box and go from there.

Or you can just add a new post and put pictures into it:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-the-MOA-Forum

See post #12 for Manage Attachments and post #15 for adding a picture in a new post.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I see one that I want but its 30k....compared to others that I have seen for 24k or 27k.
    Russel McNeil
    Russel when I go to the BMW site and use "Build Your Own" I $30,680 when I add the Select package, Forged wheels and a top case.
    You can add another $3,300 if you get the Akrapovic exhaust.

Here's the link to the BMW site so you can see the different options.
    http://byo.bmwmotorcycles.com/19GT#colors

Click on the arrow on right side of the screen to see the options.

F60832A4-AB3D-419E-B29D-FB64A43985F1.jpg
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

I'd buy a used one.
    I also wouldn't rule out looking out of market.

Joe
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Hey Lee, that picture you posted is the exact bike I want!! Its 10 miles from my brothers house. But dang brother, There is that same bike, minus the wheels brand new for 24,750 on Cycle trader where the dealers also have some listings......What am I missing? Would you pay 30k for that bike? Are those rims available elsewhere? 6k is a big savings to me.
    Also, A "NO SELL" order from BMW means what? Dealers cant sell any K1600GTs until further notice? UGH....? Really
    You guys are cramping me style when I thought my style was supposed to be getting better LOL

K1600 stop sale notice.

It's a world-wide halt, this (translated) notice is from the Netherlands. Two gears can be engaged at once, resulting in lockup. My understanding is that new bikes are getting entirely new transmissions (because new trans cassettes can be swapped quickly?), existing bikes will be recalled when individual replacement parts are available.

The BMW USA "build-your-own" site says dynamic headlight leveling is currently standard (adjusts height for load). The adaptive headlight is part of the Safety Plus package ($800), which also adds tire pressure monitoring.

I'm not sure why, but used K1600s seem to lose value quickly. High maintenance costs maybe? Might check insurance costs also.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Like these.....other then the wheels that I like in that above K1600.....what options could raise the price...are the adaptive headlights an option? or do they come standard. These are quite a bit lower in price and the only difference I can tell is the wheels. What am I missing. As far as going out of market....heck yes. I bought my last F6B from the midwest and had it shipped here. If that one in AZ were 25k It would already be in my garage....
    20191012_102829 (1).jpg20191012_102742 (1) (1).jpg
    Last edited by fslane1966; 10-12-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Ok, gotcha Larry....Now I understand. The safety plus package is not on all the bikes....so that is probably some of the cost difference. So all these left over 2019 K1600GTs that I am seeing cannot be sold until fixed. Correct? Whats the chances of any of these being fixed already?
    There is a 2016 in NJ with 138 miles on it.....he is asking 15.9k Might be an option. But its black...was trying to get away from a black bike..
    Love that bike in AZ....I mean I am drooling!!!!

Larry,

Does the TPM actually show tire pressure numbers? or just a idiot light when pressure is low?

Love that bike in AZ....I mean I am drooling!!!!
    Make them an offer.
    Worst that happens is they say no.
    But then again you might open a dialog and come to a mutual beneficial agreement.

Joe

Does the TPM actually show tire pressure numbers? or just a idiot light when pressure is low?
    It shows actual pressure +/- a couple PSI

Joe

Yes, Joe, your right.....LOL....I am afraid I might give in and find myself buying it...

The one in NJ with 138 miles for 15,9k is an option
    One at a dealer in Richfield MN 2016 NEW no miles. full warranty asking 17,9k

If I look at those, eventhough they may not be the color I want....it makes a lot of financial sense...Know what I mean.

But Dang I love that AZ bike...the wheels just set that bike off very nicely.

I like that the TPM gives real numbers.

One at a dealer in Richfield MN 2016 NEW no miles. full warranty asking 17,9k
    I heard about that bike.
    I guess there was a GT and a GS in a warehouse in Pennsylvania. They bought them both. The GS has sold but the GT is still available.
    I live only a few miles from them and was thinking of taking a ride there today as a matter of fact.
    I can tell you that winter is already here in MN as it is snowing at the moment.
    I bet they are motivated to sell that bad boy. If it doesn't sell soon it will collect dust until April.

Joe

Here is a picture of it before it was "born".

IMG-20190928-WA0001.jpg