• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Questions re 2019 K1600GT

fslane1966

Hello All. I am a BMW MOA member because we bought my girlfriend the S1000XR. I have had a Honda Rune and 3 Honda Goldwing F6Bs. I just sold the last F6B and am going to purchase a 2019 K1600GT. I have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with. If you go to Cycle Trader or Claz.org or wherever they sell a lot of the K1600GT I find some pretty big variances in price. Even for the new ones. My first question is this. On the 2019 model.....were there options that would create the differences in price that I am seeing. Are the adaptive headlights standard or is that an option? I see one that I want but its 30k....compared to others that I have seen for 24k or 27k. Plus we are headed into winter....maybe I should just wait until January? is that wise?
I will probably buy a new left over 2019 unless I find a great deal on a low mileage used one. I want the silver/black/red paint scheme. Is there anything that I should know about these bikes. My friend rides a 2016 model and loves it. What would you guys pay for a new leftover? Planning on Great Falls in June.
Located in South Carolina.
Thanks all.
I wanted to add a picture of the K1600GT that I like.....it has those sweet rims on it....the black ones with the chrome legs ..but I dont see a way to add pictures to this post.
Russel McNeil

Hello All. I am a BMW MOA member because we bought my girlfriend the S1000XR. I have had a Honda Rune and 3 Honda Goldwing F6Bs. I just sold the last F6B and am going to purchase a 2019 K1600GT. I have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with. If you go to Cycle Trader or Claz.org or wherever they sell a lot of the K1600GT I find some pretty big variances in price. Even for the new ones. My first question is this. On the 2019 model.....were there options that would create the differences in price that I am seeing. Are the adaptive headlights standard or is that an option? I see one that I want but its 30k....compared to others that I have seen for 24k or 27k. Plus we are headed into winter....maybe I should just wait until January? is that wise?
I will probably buy a new left over 2019 unless I find a great deal on a low mileage used one. I want the silver/black/red paint scheme. Is there anything that I should know about these bikes. My friend rides a 2016 model and loves it. What would you guys pay for a new leftover? Planning on Great Falls in June.
Thanks all.
I wanted to add a picture of the K1600GT that I like.....it has those sweet rims on it....the black ones with the chrome legs ..but I dont see a way to add pictures to this post.
Russel McNeil

Please be advised that there is a no sell order from BMW and a pending recall for the transmission to be announced affecting all K1600 produced since November 2016 to today.

Robert

Russel -

There are a couple of ways to this. If you want to add a picture to your original post, use the Edit Post link at the bottom right of your post. Then click on Go Advanced. Page down to the Manage Attachments box and go from there.

Or you can just add a new post and put pictures into it:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?72733-How-to-post-on-the-MOA-Forum

See post #12 for Manage Attachments and post #15 for adding a picture in a new post.

I see one that I want but its 30k....compared to others that I have seen for 24k or 27k.
Russel McNeil

Russel when I go to the BMW site and use "Build Your Own" I $30,680 when I add the Select package, Forged wheels and a top case.
You can add another $3,300 if you get the Akrapovic exhaust.

Here's the link to the BMW site so you can see the different options.
http://byo.bmwmotorcycles.com/19GT#colors

Click on the arrow on right side of the screen to see the options.

F60832A4-AB3D-419E-B29D-FB64A43985F1.jpg

Hey Lee, that picture you posted is the exact bike I want!! Its 10 miles from my brothers house. But dang brother, There is that same bike, minus the wheels brand new for 24,750 on Cycle trader where the dealers also have some listings......What am I missing? Would you pay 30k for that bike? Are those rims available elsewhere? 6k is a big savings to me.
Also, A "NO SELL" order from BMW means what? Dealers cant sell any K1600GTs until further notice? UGH....? Really
You guys are cramping me style when I thought my style was supposed to be getting better LOL :)

K1600 stop sale notice.

It's a world-wide halt, this (translated) notice is from the Netherlands. Two gears can be engaged at once, resulting in lockup. My understanding is that new bikes are getting entirely new transmissions (because new trans cassettes can be swapped quickly?), existing bikes will be recalled when individual replacement parts are available.

The BMW USA "build-your-own" site says dynamic headlight leveling is currently standard (adjusts height for load). The adaptive headlight is part of the Safety Plus package ($800), which also adds tire pressure monitoring.

I'm not sure why, but used K1600s seem to lose value quickly. High maintenance costs maybe? Might check insurance costs also.

Like these.....other then the wheels that I like in that above K1600.....what options could raise the price...are the adaptive headlights an option? or do they come standard. These are quite a bit lower in price and the only difference I can tell is the wheels. What am I missing. As far as going out of market....heck yes. I bought my last F6B from the midwest and had it shipped here. If that one in AZ were 25k It would already be in my garage.... :)
20191012_102829 (1).jpg20191012_102742 (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:
Ok, gotcha Larry....Now I understand. The safety plus package is not on all the bikes....so that is probably some of the cost difference. So all these left over 2019 K1600GTs that I am seeing cannot be sold until fixed. Correct? Whats the chances of any of these being fixed already?
There is a 2016 in NJ with 138 miles on it.....he is asking 15.9k Might be an option. But its black...was trying to get away from a black bike..
Love that bike in AZ....I mean I am drooling!!!!

Yes, Joe, your right.....LOL....I am afraid I might give in and find myself buying it...

The one in NJ with 138 miles for 15,9k is an option
One at a dealer in Richfield MN 2016 NEW no miles. full warranty asking 17,9k

If I look at those, eventhough they may not be the color I want....it makes a lot of financial sense...Know what I mean.

But Dang I love that AZ bike...the wheels just set that bike off very nicely.

I like that the TPM gives real numbers.

One at a dealer in Richfield MN 2016 NEW no miles. full warranty asking 17,9k

I heard about that bike.
I guess there was a GT and a GS in a warehouse in Pennsylvania. They bought them both. The GS has sold but the GT is still available.
I live only a few miles from them and was thinking of taking a ride there today as a matter of fact.
I can tell you that winter is already here in MN as it is snowing at the moment.
I bet they are motivated to sell that bad boy. If it doesn't sell soon it will collect dust until April.

Joe

Hey Lee, that picture you posted is the exact bike I want!! Its 10 miles from my brothers house. But dang brother, There is that same bike, minus the wheels brand new for 24,750 on Cycle trader where the dealers also have some listings......What am I missing? :)

The wheels are a $1,600 option.
You need to know what option package each bike has to compare prices.
The Select Package is a $3,500 option.
Go to the link in my previous post so you can see what's included in each option package.

See if this link works to see the 3 option packages
http://byo.bmwmotorcycles.com/19GT#packages

There's also Accessory Packages
http://byo.bmwmotorcycles.com/19GT#accessories

Another Black Storm Metallic/Glacier Silver Metallic in Arizona.

Iron Horse Motorcycles in Tucson, Arizona has a 2019 K1600GT Sport in the Black/Silver Metallic paint scheme.

It does not have the optional wheels nor the optional exhaust, though they can be ordered.

We bought ours in January this year from Iron Horse and it has become our bike of choice.

She is very stylish looking with those red stripes and black accents.

The optional wheels and the optional exhaust are the only two add-ons or options we didn't go with.

Our trunk with the led lights is an $,$$$ add-on, as are the front running lights, Nav VI, extended warranty and OEM engine case savers.

Now that we've had her for a year and 12,000 miles, we'd do it again!!!

An excellent motorcycle complimented by a Russell DayLong Saddle.

Thank you guys.....

Lee, I am digging into the links you sent. Exactly what I needed. Thank you. 1600 bucks for those rims. whoa daddy. but I do like theme li!!

I will reply once I read the links and learn about the packages and the options.

Thanks all.

Look at low mileage used bikes

Thanks all.
Russel McNeil

Low mileage used bikes can be a great deal Check out Kissell Motorsports in Tyrone, Pa. Some good deals on 2019 K1600GT's

Thanks all.
Russel McNeil

Hi Russell: I work at BMW Motorcycles of Southeast Michigan and maybe I can answer your question on the price difference. The adaptive headlight is stock. Some of the dealers will show the price of the bike with the current incentive of $2500 that BMW is currently offering, I have also seen a BMW dealer discount the bike heavily, and then charge you outrageous "admin" fees and or charge you a prep fee or "freight" free, getting you back up to cost. We have a 2019 that is listing for $28,240 (includes destination and we don't charge for prep). We have the state tax, $95 doc fee, $16 title fee (no title fee outside MI) and your plate sticker cost. The $2500 incentive would come off the $28, 240, plus you would get an additional $750 discount from being an MOA member, Our bike is fully loaded except for forged rims and does have reverse. They are on stop sale right now and no dealer can sell them until the recall is completed. The current incentive ends Dec. 31st.

I also own a 2015 K1600GT and let me tell you it is an incredible bike, and extremely comfortable, has insatiable power and commands the road. Feel free to call me at the dealership if you need more info.

Back