• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fuel strip r12r

If yours is out, I'd bet money that it's a 'fuel strip'...

Ya might check with your nearest dealer.

Sure hope it's not a 'fuel strip'; I've been through four. :scratch

Fuel strip up until 02/2013 I believe. I may or may not be right, but I do know the LC R’s do not have the fuel strip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have a 2013 R1200R. It has a fuel strip. I had (2) replaced. After the second one failed I gave up. I just use the trip odometer. At 170 miles I start looking for gas. It is a REAL pain for me to take the bike in to have it replaced. It is not worth my trouble to keep replacing them.

Roger L

It is a REAL pain for me to take the bike in to have it replaced. It is not worth my trouble to keep replacing them.

On my 07RT that I have owned for 5 years I went through 4 in 3 years all from the same dealer. Then while on a trip I had one replaced at a different dealer and it is still going strong after 2 years unless I just jinxed it! There have been no changes in how I fuel so it seems to me there may be some differences in quality between batches perhaps. This is my last one no matter what but just wanted to point that out.

It's a quality control problem arising from the design: hard to manufacture, apparently, as some fail quickly and some don't at all.

My '07's was replaced in the first six moths. The replacement, 52K and twelve years on, still functions correctly. :whistle

Back