Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tires losing 4 PSI per day is normal?

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    Kinda funny, the last time the OP was signed in was a minute after he made this post. In other words, he has not logged in to checked for a response.
    It IS possible that he went for a ride after the post and had an accident because of only 6 psi in his rear tire or the front rotor locked up because of bad bobbins (his only other post). I genuinely hope not.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

As some of you might notice I check this forum maybe several times a day. I am retired and can do that when not traveling. Others - not so much. I do wish folks who post problems come back with solutions but that many times fails to happen. Oh well. Too bad so sad.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    Begin rant:
    Let's not be too hard on him, after all I too get VERY frustrated with posters who start a thread and then have many members give very detailed answers, telling the OP what to check, how to check it, the various possibilities of what could be wrong and then..........crickets. Never to return.
    Lee,
    You are one of the more helpful posters on this forum with accurate, first-hand solutions on subjects on which you are familiar. I, on the other hand, will often venture a Wild Assed Guess (WAG) which may or not be helpful to the person who is asking the question. What neither you nor any of the other very helpful folks here DON'T do is exhibit passive aggressive tendencies or outright hostility towards other posters.

Do subjects get repeated? Yes. Do people who may not know as much as others post questions which many of us might term trite or lacking common sense? Yes. Are some answers which get posted more comprehensive than some might like? You bet! It doesn't make them any less valued by those who may or may not understand the minute detail - thanks for all your hard work, Roger.

I get annoyed with self-righteous folks who think things should always be THEIR way. If anyone can point me to the forum where everything is PERFECT, I'll mail them 100 bucks (US) tonight.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

Apparently some forget that you don't have to be logged in to read responses.......

Here we have a new member of the forum, June '19- 3 posts and if he has been checking in and sees the kicking/sarcasm that he is receiving because his response time wasn't up to others expectations.........Not much of a reason to return

Social media can be tough. It doesn't have to be tough here on the MOA Forum.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    :

Here we have a new member of the forum,

OM
    I see the problem more often with new members, especially if it's their 1st and only post.
    They may have went to several forums with the problem, then forgot which forums they visited.
    Another reason is they may not be able to find where in the forum they posted their thread.
    We have a lot of older members who may not use a computer very often.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Whats a computer?
    Signature

Computers were okay until they put the internet on them.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Checking on Brent

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I see the problem more often with new members, especially if it's their 1st and only post.
    They may have went to several forums with the problem, then forgot which forums they visited.
    Another reason is they may not be able to find where in the forum they posted their thread.
    We have a lot of older members who may not use a computer very often.

it would appear that Brent used his g-mail account as his user name.

If someone wants to know what happened, perhaps they could send him an e-mail.

Ask him to make a grand re-appearance on the forum.

Let him know that we have a bunch of people waiting around that could be talking about oil or tires.

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    #71,449

First dusting of snow today.