• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R80ST picture

mball55

I understand an R80ST was named best in show at the recent national MOA rally. Does anyone have or know the whereabouts of any pictures of it? I didn't see any in the Owner's News or online. It's nice to see some ST love.

I understand an R80ST was named best in show at the recent national MOA rally. Does anyone have or know the whereabouts of any pictures of it? I didn't see any in the Owner's News or online. It's nice to see some ST love.

Here's a pic of mine............In it's best Kodachrome Faded Gold...........
1984 R80ST - small.jpg

To the OP's question...has anyone seen pictures, in say the ON, about the bike displays at the various rallies? I know there are articles about the vintage display but don't recall seeing anything about the post 1980 models.

To the OP's question...has anyone seen pictures, in say the ON, about the bike displays at the various rallies?

I thought he was only interested in the 2019 National Rally at Lebanon, Tenn.

I thought he was only interested in the 2019 National Rally at Lebanon, Tenn.

You're right...I had in my mind that he didn't remember which rally it was. But he did say the "most recent" rally.

To the OP's question...has anyone seen pictures, in say the ON, about the bike displays at the various rallies? I know there are articles about the vintage display but don't recall seeing anything about the post 1980 models.

But, on the upside, three cool forum members owned a red R80ST

The ST is the first BMW I ever owned, an ‘83 purchased new in spring of 1984. I bought the ST after one test ride then sold my ‘76 Yamaha RD400 hot-rod, a bike kitted with DG heads, Toomey pipes, etc.etc. I still own the ST, and wish I still had the RD as well—tho it never spawned the same sort of addiction as did the ST. :)

4B44E241-1911-49A8-94FB-7C0D05711561.jpg

I guess I'm a not so cool owner of the grey R80ST. It's the story of my life. I was at the bus station when my ship came in. :scratch :dunno

2 bikes

While mine got me back into motorcycling, I'm not sure I would say I regret trading it on a first year K75c. The triple was a significant advancement for BMW and I'm glad to have owned one.

Interesting. I'm down to a maximum of two bikes. A red K75c and a just purchased red R80ST. Two of the best kept secret superior BMWs.

Yes, I was hoping to see the R80ST that won the people's choice award at the national rally. Of course, it's nice to see all yours, too. I've enjoyed mine since I picked it up in '86 or so. It's probably the last bike I would sell.
353.jpg

Back