• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

General Warning Light at Start-Up? 2017 GSA

1957mpd

Knight-Errant
Quick question. Either I've never noticed it or it's a new gremlin. My 2017 1/2 GSA is briefly displaying a YELLOW general warning light triangle along with the ABS and ASC lights which always go out once I start rolling. No other annunciator is pairing with the general warning light in the warning symbol area or warning notice area and it goes out quickly. Have I just never noticed the general warning light before? You'd think in 9000 miles and a year and a half of start-ups I'd have seen it. And no - I do not have access to a fault code reader to determine if there is a fault. And yes - I read my manual's pages on the general warning light. Thanks folks.

Edit: I should have made clear, the general warning light triangle comes on when I power up, and stays on briefly as I fire up the engine, along with the ABS and ASC lights, all three of which quickly extinguish when I get rolling. I'm fairly certain this Yellow general warning light is a new thing and other GS/GSA riders tell me they do not get a yellow triangle when they power up; only the ABS and ASC.

Last edited:
I would guess it’s alerting you that the ABS is not “synced” up as there has been no wheel movement.
OM

Problem solved. The key fob battery warning finally came on along with the yellow triangle. Swapped in a new 2032 and the light is happy now. So simple. Sorry to bother you folks.

Back