• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2018 Grand America: Bluetooth to analog speaker and bluetooth to bluetooth speaker

mcorny1220

Here is my problem. i have galaxy S10+ and i have a Cardo Packtalk Bold unit attached to helmet and i have a bluetooth receiver with audio out cable and plug. I have paired my phone to the Cardo helmet unit and i have paired the phone to the bluetooth receiver whose audio out is plugged into the Aux in jack of the motorcycle located in right baggage bin.

When i play music, the signal obviously goes from my phone to my helmet via bluetooth, but to the speakers it goes via bluetooth to receiver and then analog from receiver to speakers. The sound from the speakers comes out about .5 seconds before the sound in my helment. I would think the opposite should be true. In any event i can't get the tunes to sync up. the Packtalk has got the jbl earphones but the base out of speakers is much better. On the few times that the music has sync'ed, (by quickly changing source and back to Aux) it sounds great but then quickly goes back to helmet sound lagging speaker sound. I can't find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.... See attached image of current setup

Attachments

• PackTalk and BMW Grand America.pdf
    431 KB · Views: 10
Here is my problem. i have galaxy S10+ and i have a Cardo Packtalk Bold unit attached to helmet and i have a bluetooth receiver with audio out cable and plug. I have paired my phone to the Cardo helmet unit and i have paired the phone to the bluetooth receiver whose audio out is plugged into the Aux in jack of the motorcycle located in right baggage bin.

When i play music, the signal obviously goes from my phone to my helmet via bluetooth, but to the speakers it goes via bluetooth to receiver and then analog from receiver to speakers. The sound from the speakers comes out about .5 seconds before the sound in my helment. I would think the opposite should be true. In any event i can't get the tunes to sync up. the Packtalk has got the jbl earphones but the base out of speakers is much better. On the few times that the music has sync'ed, (by quickly changing source and back to Aux) it sounds great but then quickly goes back to helmet sound lagging speaker sound. I can't find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.... See attached image of current setup

There is no standard for synchronization of multiple audio sources over bluetooth.. AND the bluetooth receivers on your bike and in the helmet are running in completely different profiles (processing modes). The cardo is acting as a hands free device, the receiver is just that, a receiver. As a hands free device there is additional buffering/processing required for things like noise reduction and feedback cancellation. The receiver just has to decode the audio.

As far as the bass response goes, are you sure you have the Cardo set up in bass boost mode? Use the app, not the webpage to confirm. Also the app may have to be running, I have never tried this out to verify. Anyhow, if you have bass boost on and you still find it inadequate you are probably out of luck as you are simply up against design constraints (size of speakers/amp power). You can switch from the JBL helmet speakers to earbuds which have good base performance, add a second cardo to bridge the audio to the bike so the two are in synch (don't take my word for it, borrow a set first), or listen to the bikes speakers. Oh, one other option would be to add a secondary amp to the cardo. There are companies that make these for phones, basically a small inline amp that receives high level inputs and outputs boosted audio signals. But then you have wires and battery to contend with.

Anyhow, food for thought.

2018 Grand America: Bluetooth to analog speaker and bluetooth to bluetooth speake

Thanks for the reply. Not sure i know what you mean by having a second cardo (i have an extra Freecom 4) bridge the audio to the bike's external speakers. how is that done?

2018 Grand America: Bluetooth to analog speaker and bluetooth to bluetooth speake

Does anyone else have any input/suggestions on this isssue please?

Thanks for the reply. Not sure i know what you mean by having a second cardo (i have an extra Freecom 4) bridge the audio to the bike's external speakers. how is that done?

What I meant was the only way to equalize the latency (time differential) between what you hear in your headset and what you hear on the bikes speakers is to make the signal path the same. The rediculous solution for this would be to stick a second cardo into the right cubby and run its output into the bikes aux in. (plug aux in directly into cardo output). Its a silly idea but in theory it should work.

the packtalk bold does not have an audio out jack from which i could plug a cable from it to aux in of motorcycle. If Bmw allowed the front speakers to stay alive when using bluetooth that would solve the problem. Has anyhone figured out how to circumvent the automatic turn-off of speakers when on blue tooth?

the packtalk bold does not have an audio out jack from which i could plug a cable from it to aux in of motorcycle. If Bmw allowed the front speakers to stay alive when using bluetooth that would solve the problem. Has anyhone figured out how to circumvent the automatic turn-off of speakers when on blue tooth?

I was being facetious as this would be an overkill solution but ... yes, the packtalk bold has an audio out jack, that is what the speakers are plugged into. You need an adapter of course but it is a low level, amplified at low level audio output jack. This is what allows you to plug in speakers from a different manufacturer or to take packtalk speakers and use them on any other audio headset with at 3.5mm jack. Think back to a phone with a headphone output jack, you could by a 3.5mm to RCA Y-cable and plug that into your home amp and playback your phone on your home stereo.. same thing. But again, I was being facetious as this would be an expensive solution. I am not sure what problem you are trying to solve but playing audio out of both the bike speakers and the helmet speakers doesn't sound like a solution to pursue.

Back