Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GoPro Remote Control Mount

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    yep! gopro remote is great option. i was just clearing up an apparent misconception that the gopro app needs cellular connection to work.

and on your point above...connecting gopro via app wifi does NOT terminate all other live functionality. gotta be clear on definition of "live functionality".

as i sit here i am running gopro app on phone controlling the camera, listening to music from my phone on the Sena and have WAZE navigation running on phone and in helmet. it all works. only thing gopro disconnects is home wifi connection. cell and bluetooth connections work. i would hook up my NUVI too, but it is not here on the kitchen counter.
    Just tried to be sure and yup, I canít stream when connected to the GoPro camera. I can have the music already downloaded play but nothing OTA. Google maps is working however I think itís only because I have my area downloaded offline. I can not use any streaming apps while connecting to the GoPro WiFi. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2UpAdventures View Post
    Just tried to be sure and yup, I canít stream when connected to the GoPro camera. I can have the music already downloaded play but nothing OTA. Google maps is working however I think itís only because I have my area downloaded offline. I can not use any streaming apps while connecting to the GoPro WiFi. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sounds like you have a setup problem with your phone. even the gopro site specifically says gopro dominates the wifi, but all other apps will use cell link.
    Marshall
    92 K75s, 94 K75s, 96 K1100RS (caretaker), 09 K1300s

Get a Smart Go Pro Remote (about $65-75) and you can control multiple cameras and change settings remotely so you can put camera(s) in remote locations and turn on and off from riding position. Get a Go Pro remote accessory mount kit ($15-20) and you can use a stick-on camera mount or just about any Go Pro camera mount to hold the Go Pro Remote where you want it to be able to reach it and see the status on the LCD.

No need to tie up phone and remote is easier to manipulate with gloves, only 3 buttons to use all functions you need or want to use while moving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2010 BMW R1200RT
    2014 BMW C650T
    MOA # 208387

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclenut View Post
    Get a Smart Go Pro Remote (about $65-75) and you can control multiple cameras and change settings remotely so you can put camera(s) in remote locations and turn on and off from riding position.
    And, motorcycle riders complain about distracted car drivers.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

The phone remote idea is much more distracting and more to fiddle with than this simple remote. The GoPro remote is just the push of a single button to start recording, you don't even need to look at it. Much safer that reaching for a mounted camera or looking at a phone screen for the RECORD button, which may require you to unlock phone and open app. You would set up the remote for how you want to use it before you started riding. No more distracting than switching any button on handlebars if you mount it in easy reach.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    And, motorcycle riders complain about distracted car drivers.
    2010 BMW R1200RT
    2014 BMW C650T
    MOA # 208387