• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many are buying tickets for the 2 r9t's being raffled?

I think this is the first time the bikes and their set-ups really interested me :burnout

wrw_1807.jpg

https://www.bmwmoa.org/news/466837/Fall-Raffle-Has-MOA-Members-Seeing-Double.htm

Good luck to all.

OM

Sorry, neither one appeals to me.
Over $20Kbucks each, and they still don't have fenders that will keep road crap (or dirt, if the owner actually makes use of those knobbies) off the bike...

Last edited:
Sorry, neither one appeals to me.
Over $20Kbucks each, and they still don't have fenders that will keep road crap (or dirt, if the owner actually makes of those knobbies) off the bike...

If I win one, its not a 20K bike, it's a 100.00 bike [ the price of 5 tickets ] :thumb

Plus IRS taxes!

If taxes in Wash state are 6.something and maybe as high as 10% local tax included on the states, we're still only talking 2K for a 20K bike.

Bet I could make it a quick sale for 12K and put 10K net in my pocket :thumb

Plus IRS taxes!

Plus sales tax.
I still plan to buy a ticket just to make the donation.
I don't like the custom paint so if we won one we would sell it.
The sad thing is both of us like the stock gloss white paint.

2019-BMW-R-nineT-Urban-GS4-1024x768.jpg

I'll buy tickets to support the MOA, but neither bike interests me. I really like the RnineT, but these two paint jobs don't do anything for me and really kinda ruin the vibe of the bike. Just my opinion.

Wish we would spend whatever we are spending for raffles to attract new members instead.

Ian

Wish we would spend whatever we are spending for raffles to attract new members instead.

Ian

No you don't. The raffles are a huge money maker for the organizations. It was the raffles that turned the BMW MOA Foundation from scrimping by on a few hundred or thousand dollars a year to a well funded GEARS program, the Paul B Scholarships for rider training, the Smart Trainer etc.

I bought five tickets because of where the money is going. Winning the bike is really immaterial to me if I care to support a specific cause.

No you don't. The raffles are a huge money maker for the organizations. It was the raffles that turned the BMW MOA Foundation from scrimping by on a few hundred or thousand dollars a year to a well funded GEARS program, the Paul B Scholarships for rider training, the Smart Trainer etc.
Yeah, the MOA is all about money now. :brow

Fwiw - 5000 new members = $250k/year of recurring revenue.

Last edited:
Got my 5 tickets/bar codes yesterday with the wrong first name on them. Called the main # and a very helpful young lady sent it to the back office for review. She called me back 20 minutes later and said they've noted the discrepancy and all other information connecting the tickets to me are correct. :thumb

If taxes in Wash state are 6.something and maybe as high as 10% local tax included on the states, we're still only talking 2K for a 20K bike.

Bet I could make it a quick sale for 12K and put 10K net in my pocket :thumb

Don't forget federal income tax, possibly sales tax. That "free" motorcycle could cost you $6,000 or more.

I know a guy that won a custom chopper back in the chopper craze. He didn't really want it, just dropped his name in in the box for the heck of it. The bike was valued at $60K, paid something like $12K income tax, state and local wanted sales tax on it too something like another $4K. He never rode it, put it up for sale right away, sat on it for two years, spent money on advertising, pain and suffering, sold it finally for $20K. made Less than $5K on the deal, said he wishes he had never one it, it was not worth it.

I never enter bike or automobile raffles unless I really want the prize.

Back