• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS-911 purchase

1jeep

Hi, i have a 2016 k1600 GTLE and now have the service light on, already changed the oil and see i need a tool to reset this. Looking around i hear the GS-911 is the one, but i am not sure which cable, can someone shed some light on what i need to buy?

thank you

A very good suggestion to buy thru Ted. Fantastic customer service and will work directly with Hex Code to resolve any issues should they occur.

, but i am not sure which cable, can someone shed some light on what i need to buy?

thank you

2016 BMW was still using the round connector so if you buy a GS-911 with the round connector you will not need a adapter cable.
I think it was 2017 or 2018 before BMW switched to the rectangular connector.

gs-911-wifi.jpg

gs911_obd_with_pack (2)_540x360.jpg

thanks i will check him out, i was going to go through twisted throttle as they are located nearby, but when i visited them they weren't very informed about what i needed.

It would still be worth getting the conversion cable so that you can eventually do either one. The cable isn't that much on either Amazon or the hexcode site.

thanks everyone.

Bigjohn, just curious why you went from a GSA to the 1600gtl? i was torn between my bike and a GSA, my wife wasn excited about the GSA which was why i went the gtl route.

thanks everyone.

Bigjohn, just curious why you went from a GSA to the 1600gtl? i was torn between my bike and a GSA, my wife wasn excited about the GSA which was why i went the gtl route.

To be honest, I’ve never been an big off-road guy but was intrigued by the GSA and figured what the hell. It was a great bike and I may end up with another in the future as it tours and does everything else great! And not to mention when you are 6’3” it fits pretty good. The hex head I had was a snap to maintain and the engine was overall bulletproof.

But in the end, I was spooked by all the driveline and final drive failures that are posted everywhere, and like you needed something the wife was good with. Between being 2 up on long trips and the seat height of her getting on and off she was more than willing to let me get the GTL. But it was entertaining to see her point out curbs or anything she could use as a step stool to get on and off... [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks i was just curious as i went to buy a new 1200gsa, had my wife with me and ended up with the gtl. She didnt feel comfy on the back of the gsa, between the height and her having sat on a gtl there was no chance of me getting what i had really dreamed of getting. The other issue for me is i am a dirt bike guy and started picturing me doing foolish things to a $25k bike and then crying about it after.

Maybe someday ill get the gsa, im sure when that day comes around it will be offered in an electric version.

Back