• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1987 k75s

milwlandrover

Good morning,
I did some reading last night and was confused on what fuel to use in the K75S. some articles said Leaded fuel was required in the early bikes but that UN-Leaded Premium was ok in the later K75's.
I am seriously considering a K75S for purchase this week and don't want any surprises.
the bike has 50,000 miles, not a scratch on it, mint green, new tires, all serviced regularly including the splines. $2795.00 with the original books and manuals, service history and the original seat.

Good morning,
I did some reading last night and was confused on what fuel to use in the K75S. some articles said Leaded fuel was required in the early bikes but that UN-Leaded Premium was ok in the later K75's.
I am seriously considering a K75S for purchase this week and don't want any surprises.
the bike has 50,000 miles, not a scratch on it, mint green, new tires, all serviced regularly including the splines. $2795.00 with the original books and manuals, service history and the original seat.

No K75 ever required leaded fuel. Never. I don't know where you have been reading but it is not reliable. My first year K75 was specified to use regular unleaded fuel and every K75 manual I have seen said the same thing. Voni and I have had 8 K75s - I still have two - and in something over 600,000 miles on them have always used regular fuel.

thanks for the quick reply!!

in my old Porsche the new gas chewed up the fuel lines and started engine fires.
nothing worse then sitting on a fireball.
thanks for clearing that up.
you guys are the best!

Back