• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Howdy from Central Texas

chadwick

Hi all. I'm a new member here and a new BMW owner. I never thought I'd be a BMW owner, but earlier this year and old friend and I met in Phoenix and rented bikes. I ended up on a 2018 r1200rt and fell in love with it during a 1,300 mile ride that took us to the Grand Canyon, monument valley, and several other places. Almost by accident a couple of weeks ago I ended up buying a 2019 r1250rt. I already don't know how I made it through the last 4 decades without owning this machine.

I joined these forums because I keep running across them as I'm trying to figure out different aspects of the bike (namely navigation, audio, and headset integration and operation) and I would be thrilled to find other similar folks to ride with.

Welcome to BMW and the MOA.
Your profile picture would make a good avatar. Did you make it?

Welcome to BMW and the MOA.
Your profile picture would make a good avatar. Did you make it?

Thanks! I was trying to make it my avatar, but failed at first. Success now. I did make it. I dabble in welding and metal sculpture a little bit for fun. The photo is a table I made out of railroad spikes. It was taken from the perspective of looking straight down on it. If you look close you can see the blue base through the gaps. This one was my first one to complete. I've since improved my technique significantly, but it's still a heck of a lot of work and the pieces end up very heavy.

There are lots of BMW riders around Austin and San Antonio. A couple of local clubs too. Maybe some of those folks will pipe in here.

Welcome. I'm down by Kerrville, near Three Sisters and the Hill Country. If you ever want someone to ride let me know. But I'm not sure if I will have access to this message board after today. My email is wichitagreg at the gmail.You can also find me hanging out over on bmwlt dot com

If you plan a trip to the Big Bend area let us know. We are here, about 25 miles north of the park.

That's impressive, could you post a full size picture?
This was my first one of these to complete when I was developing this art form. I'm made significant improvements to my techniques, tools, and finished products since this table. This one will probably always be my favorite one.
What do y'all come to central Texas for every year?
FB_IMG_1570875292966.jpg
FB_IMG_1570875307632.jpg
FB_IMG_1570875457697.jpg
FB_IMG_1570875397805.jpg

This was my first one of these to complete when I was developing this art form. I'm made significant improvements to my techniques, tools, and finished products since this table. This one will probably always be my favorite one.
What do y'all come to central Texas for every year?
View attachment 75886

It's impressive how you can shape the spikes :thumb
Do you sell at any of the local shops?

We ride down each year because we enjoy the Hill Country area.

If you ever need a independent mechanic Steve Henson is 5 miles north of Blonco.
Sometimes we have tires mounted there while renting their cabin.
http://www.blancobeemerwerkes.com/
Steve and Helen are BMW riders.
Steve's link is not working for me now.
Here's the link for the guest house and cabin.
http://www.blancobeemerwerkes.com/cabin/index.html

Here's a picture of our bikes on 2323 SW of Llano.
2323 (5).JPG

Back