• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

1995 K75 with Velorex sidecar mounted on subframe

walnutz

Hi all!

I just bought this bike and sidecar and realized this morning that I have a subframe. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how I can find out exactly what subframe I have in order to try and get documentation for the quickest and easiest removal for service to the bike itself?

You will probably get more response and help if you post pictures of the subframe and attachments. On my K1200GT-based rig, the only subframe part I remove for routine service is a brace that attaches to the center stand, so I can deploy the stand. Otherwise, I just pull 4 bolts and the electrical and brake connectors and set the sidecar aside to put the bike on the service lift.

Best,
DeVern

You will probably get more response and help if you post pictures of the subframe and attachments. On my K1200GT-based rig, the only subframe part I remove for routine service is a brace that attaches to the center stand, so I can deploy the stand. Otherwise, I just pull 4 bolts and the electrical and brake connectors and set the sidecar aside to put the bike on the service lift.

Best,
DeVern

Thanks! I will take some tomorrow and upload. I am looking at having to replace the temperature sensor and also test the fan. Unfortunately I can't remove the radiator and the body parts because the sub frame is in front of them. Also I am looking at having to possibly replace the clutch friction plate or even the clutch itself. I will need to remove the whole subframe possibly.

Thanks! I will take some tomorrow and upload. I am looking at having to replace the temperature sensor and also test the fan. Unfortunately I can't remove the radiator and the body parts because the sub frame is in front of them. Also I am looking at having to possibly replace the clutch friction plate or even the clutch itself. I will need to remove the whole subframe possibly.

Ah yes, had to do a clutch and rear main on my rig so I know what you have before you. It helps to take a lot of detailed photos as you go through disassembly—especially for things like routing of wires and hoses.
Good luck,

DeVern

Back