• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1300S Stalling Issues

unlucky13

Hi, hoping someone can offer insight into ongoing stalling issues on my used 2009 K1300S, 65,000 miles. Usually stalls at intersections, not wanting to idle and not responding to the throttle.The dealer has had it in often and has replaced, fuel pump, fuel pump controller, idle actuator, some sensors, the AF-XiED mixture enhancement and last time the replacement starter cable. Now it restarts after stalling, before it would hardly turn over. Sometimes it runs an hour, sometimes one mile. Of course there are no faults showing when it stalls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What, no replacement engine yet? I guess that's next. I'm kidding, of course.

You say it happens after one hour or one mile. When the engine dies, is it like someone turned off the key or is it like its about to run out of fuel? Also, can you tell us which sensors have been replaced?

PS I hope you're not paying for all these replacement parts.

What, no replacement engine yet? I guess that's next. I'm kidding, of course.

You say it happens after one hour or one mile. When the engine dies, is it like someone turned off the key or is it like its about to run out of fuel? Also, can you tell us which sensors have been replaced?

PS I hope you're not paying for all these replacement parts.

If the bike stalls at a light it would be like turning off the key and when moving it's like running out of fuel. The engine temp sensor and oil pressure switch were replaced and idle system. I have the used bike warranty and did ask for the engine, and not kidding.

Hmm, I can see why the dealer is having trouble fixing this. Hopefully someone here with more knowledge than I can assist.

Hi, hoping someone can offer insight into ongoing stalling issues on my used 2009 K1300S, 65,000 miles. Usually stalls at intersections, not wanting to idle and not responding to the throttle.The dealer has had it in often and has replaced, fuel pump, fuel pump controller, idle actuator, some sensors, the AF-XiED mixture enhancement and last time the replacement starter cable. Now it restarts after stalling, before it would hardly turn over. Sometimes it runs an hour, sometimes one mile. Of course there are no faults showing when it stalls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar issue on my 2011 K1300GT. I took a 600 mile ride and ran Techron fuel injection cleaner (half a bottle) though each tankful. Seemed to run better afterwards and did not stall once. I would give it a try if you have somewhere to go.

MG

A buddy of mine resolved the stalling issue with his K1300GT by doing an adaptation reset. Since that time I have noted that there is a conventional wisdom that says before launching into diagnostic efforts and spending money just do an adaptation reset first.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine resolved the stalling issue with his K1300GT by doing an adaptation reset. Since that time I have noted that there is a conventional wisdom that says before launching into diagnostic efforts and spending money just do an adaptation reset first.

Adaptation reset? Do you mean disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then reconnect and, without starting the engine, twisting the throttle fully open 3 times?

Adaptation reset? Do you mean disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then reconnect and, without starting the engine, twisting the throttle fully open 3 times?
No. I mean an adaptation reset as performed by a GS911 or Motoscan.

Back