Thread: K1300S Stalling Issues

K1300S Stalling Issues

Hi, hoping someone can offer insight into ongoing stalling issues on my used 2009 K1300S, 65,000 miles. Usually stalls at intersections, not wanting to idle and not responding to the throttle.The dealer has had it in often and has replaced, fuel pump, fuel pump controller, idle actuator, some sensors, the AF-XiED mixture enhancement and last time the replacement starter cable. Now it restarts after stalling, before it would hardly turn over. Sometimes it runs an hour, sometimes one mile. Of course there are no faults showing when it stalls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A Booster Plug solved that on my K1300GT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! Hope you get this sorted soon!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Left Coast Rider
    What, no replacement engine yet? I guess that's next. I'm kidding, of course.

You say it happens after one hour or one mile. When the engine dies, is it like someone turned off the key or is it like its about to run out of fuel? Also, can you tell us which sensors have been replaced?

PS I hope you're not paying for all these replacement parts.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    What, no replacement engine yet? I guess that's next. I'm kidding, of course.

You say it happens after one hour or one mile. When the engine dies, is it like someone turned off the key or is it like its about to run out of fuel? Also, can you tell us which sensors have been replaced?

PS I hope you're not paying for all these replacement parts.
    If the bike stalls at a light it would be like turning off the key and when moving it's like running out of fuel. The engine temp sensor and oil pressure switch were replaced and idle system. I have the used bike warranty and did ask for the engine, and not kidding.

Left Coast Rider
    Hmm, I can see why the dealer is having trouble fixing this. Hopefully someone here with more knowledge than I can assist.

Have they performed the software updates for the idle issue?
    2009 K1300 GT
    1984 Kawasaki ZX750-E1 Turbo
    1990 Kawasaki ZX600R
    2005 R1200 RT - gone

Quote Originally Posted by unlucky13 View Post
    Hi, hoping someone can offer insight into ongoing stalling issues on my used 2009 K1300S, 65,000 miles. Usually stalls at intersections, not wanting to idle and not responding to the throttle.The dealer has had it in often and has replaced, fuel pump, fuel pump controller, idle actuator, some sensors, the AF-XiED mixture enhancement and last time the replacement starter cable. Now it restarts after stalling, before it would hardly turn over. Sometimes it runs an hour, sometimes one mile. Of course there are no faults showing when it stalls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I had a similar issue on my 2011 K1300GT. I took a 600 mile ride and ran Techron fuel injection cleaner (half a bottle) though each tankful. Seemed to run better afterwards and did not stall once. I would give it a try if you have somewhere to go.

MG

A buddy of mine resolved the stalling issue with his K1300GT by doing an adaptation reset. Since that time I have noted that there is a conventional wisdom that says before launching into diagnostic efforts and spending money just do an adaptation reset first.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
    A buddy of mine resolved the stalling issue with his K1300GT by doing an adaptation reset. Since that time I have noted that there is a conventional wisdom that says before launching into diagnostic efforts and spending money just do an adaptation reset first.

Adaptation reset? Do you mean disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then reconnect and, without starting the engine, twisting the throttle fully open 3 times?

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Adaptation reset? Do you mean disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then reconnect and, without starting the engine, twisting the throttle fully open 3 times?
    No. I mean an adaptation reset as performed by a GS911 or Motoscan.