• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW S1000rr ticking ???

eugene06

Is anyone else having issues with there S1000rr making an abnormally loud ticking noise coming from the engine and gets worse while accelerating????
Changed the can chain tensioner and did not resolve the problem???? Any advice would be helpful!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum.
Does it sound like it may need a valve adjustment?
How many miles on the bike?

It has 3200 miles on it and the valves were also adjusted by the dealer!
Any other suggestions??

No, I just wanted to get more info for others that may be able to help.
I'm surprised the dealer checked or adjusted the valves at 3,200 miles.
Was this done because of the noise?
What year is your bike?

Yes at 3000 miles the bikes started ticking and check engine light came on so dealer changed cam chain tensioner that didn’t work so they checked the cams and adjusted valves but it’s still ticking even with ear plugs in it’s very loud!!!!

Actually the dealer still has my bike and is working with BMW to try to resolve my issues!!!! It’s been there for almost 2 months and I’m getting nervous something bad is wrong so I’m just hoping someone else had this problem and there is a Resolution!!!!

At least the shop is working with BMW.
Since it's been 2 months you may have to start making noise with BMW about getting a new engine.

Hopefully another member will have some ideas.
Good luck.

To be totally irreverent, when they first introduced this model some wags said, "It's da bomb". Maybe that explains the "ticking".:)

Back