• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spanish vintage bikes

Hello,
My wife is walking the Camino Trail in Spain right now and has sent these photos from a Albergue she was saying at. I was wondering if any of the members here could identify the manufacturer of these bikes. I can see the tank emblem on one that looks like LUBE.
Spanish2.jpg
Spanish1.jpg
Spanish_Old_bike.jpg

The LUBE bike was made by a company that was connected to NSU of Germany. They built 2- and 4-stroke bikes ranging from 50 to 250cc. Looks like they were in business from late 1940s to mid 1960s. Once NSU stopped making motorcycles, LUBE made their own 2-strokes.

The bottom bike is a Moto Guzzi based upon what I can see by the tank emblem. I'm not able to find anything more about the "bike with a motor". Interesting suspension springs in the middle of the bike.

The other bike (is this the non LUBE bike), top one I think, is hard to see the tank emblem.

Back