• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Decal

pmdave

I was sitting on a chair in the garage scrutinizing my R100/Ural sidecar rig, and my eye chanced upon the BMWMOA decal on the windshield.

I realized that while Cuba is on the "map", Alaska is not. Since we're not the BMW MO of "USA", I assume we're really BMW MO of "North America", I wonder why the map on the logo should not be revised to include more of the Northwest, especially Alaska, while still displaying Mexico and Canada.

pmdave

Last edited:
pmdave said:
I was sitting on a chair in the garage scrutinizing my R100/Ural sidecar rig, and my eye chanced upon the BMWMOA decal on the windshield.

I realized that while Cuba is on the "map", Alaska is not. Since we're not the BMW MO of "USA", I assume we're really BMW MO of "North America", I wonder why the map on the logo should not be revised to include more of the Northwest, especially Alaska, while still displaying Mexico and Canada.

pmdave

Interesting point! Never looked at the logo like that :lurk

:laugh It's still left to be explored by everyone who buys a BMW. When they stop making BMWs we can add it to the next generation of 'BTDT - Stickers'

I don't know, good question? Maybe we should rename ourselves the BMW MOCANAC Members of Cental America, North America and Caribbean.

Still :laugh

pmdave said:

pmdave

Good question. It looks like the map is centered on St.Louis or nearly so.

Why not scrap the Fugly logo for a new design? :dunno
It's been discussed b4.

Stuff2C said:
Why not scrap the Fugly logo for a new design? :dunno
It's been discussed b4.

OK, but we have to include or Northern neighbors (Oh' Canada) because we might get out number'd in a few more years down here in the lower 48 as good folks move farther north to escape suspression of freedoms ideology.

But I hope I can still be a member in good standing when I move to Thailand.

Doc

:usa

pmdave said:

pmdave

Oh crap, here we go with the territorial "jingoism" or whatever it was called in the other thread. Whew, can't it just be good enough the way it is and has always been?

JCBR1150R said:
Whew, can't it just be good enough the way it is and has always been?

2004 r1150ra
hmmmm what I would call rather "new" mode of transportation...

why aren't you still just walking if you like the old way of doing things?
man just walked alot longer than riding a new fangled motorscooter

Something all Inclusive?

Let's see, is the definition of 'Members of America' the sole classification of the United States? NO. We have members from Canada and probably from other places and countries as well.

Is the term 'America' loosely determined by the 'Americas' which includes North, Central and South America? Plus, the 'Territorial Properties of the USÔÇØ; Guam, Micronesia, Kwajalein Atoll, Johnson Is., Marshal Is., and Puerto Rico? (I might be missing someone here so don't feel bashful sound off) And yes, that includes Hawaii and Alaska too.

That is pretty much in a nut shell the entire western hemisphere as seen from space.

So maybe our new 'Pictogram' should be a picture of half the world from Pole to Pole excluding Japan/Asia/Australia/New Zealand on the west and UK/France/Spain/Africa on the east.

Then we could branch out and have truly International RallyÔÇÖs in other countries from Argentina to Greenland and Pacific to Atlantic Coasts.

OK so there is my idea, someone get a NASA picture and or representation of the Western Hemisphere and make it round.

And add an ÔÇÿSÔÇÖ to the BMW Members of Americas !!!

Doc

:dance

:lurk

(EDIT: Then we can get the BMWMOA to underwrite an insurance policy that covers us from tip to tip and all points in between. No more Mexican Insurance, just an Americas Policy approved by all interested parties) :D

Last edited:
LetÔÇÖs get a hi-tech sticker that projects a three dimensional hologram of the world ÔÇô we are out to dominate the world it seems ÔÇô and has a voice activated chip embedded in it that the members could access a searchable electronic Anon.

Just a thought.

P.S. make it solar powered so it wonÔÇÖt drain the bikes battery or put extra load on the alternator.

as long as the map doesn't show any arab countries, or france, then i think it's a good logo.

;)

Thank goodness Spring is almost here. These guys need to get out more.

pmdave said:
Dave,

A deft fingernail, Goo-Gone and some Plexus, and you're all done. Then pop one of those "Nuke the Whales for Jesus" stickers on it, instead. In Cyrillic if you can get it.

Fred

SFDOC said:
Let's see, is the definition of 'Members of America' the sole classification of the United States? NO. We have members from Canada and probably from other places and countries as well.

Is the term 'America' loosely determined by the 'Americas' which includes North, Central and South America? Plus, the 'Territorial Properties of the USÔÇØ; Guam, Micronesia, Kwajalein Atoll, Johnson Is., Marshal Is., and Puerto Rico? (I might be missing someone here so don't feel bashful sound off) And yes, that includes Hawaii and Alaska too.
...snip...
And add an ÔÇÿSÔÇÖ to the BMW Members of Americas !!!

Doc

:dance
...snip...
Uh.....Doc?
The great organization we all belong to is called "BMW Motorcycle Owners of America, Inc." :D
But how you want to define America is up to you. We also have members who do not live in America under any definition, ie. Europe & Australia.
The idea of a "better" logo has come up before and BMW AG has a format for logos which we do NOT follow.

Back to :lurk

And I think the logo is centered on Cincinnati, not St. Louis. :nyah

tb

How about just scrap the map's completely. I know there are some very talented artists out there with some great ideas.

I'm not complaining about the map as a central theme of the logo. I think the green and blue colors are very attractive, and as a (retired) illustrator, IMHO the simple map is a very direct image of the part of the world where the association is centered.

But why not rotate the globe a little eastward?

pmdave

Bullit 7801 said:
The great organization we all belong to is called "BMW Motorcycle Owners of America, Inc." :D

Thank you Tom, I don't know what I was thinking, must have been the 'water' in the Scotch I was drinking... :bottle or that I'd been up for 19 hours when I made that post. :snore

Why don't we just keep the logo we have it's recognized. :wave

Back