Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MOA Decal

Question MOA Decal

I was sitting on a chair in the garage scrutinizing my R100/Ural sidecar rig, and my eye chanced upon the BMWMOA decal on the windshield.

I realized that while Cuba is on the "map", Alaska is not. Since we're not the BMW MO of "USA", I assume we're really BMW MO of "North America", I wonder why the map on the logo should not be revised to include more of the Northwest, especially Alaska, while still displaying Mexico and Canada.

pmdave
    Last edited by pmdave; 03-08-2006 at 06:35 PM. Reason: typo

RIDERR1150GSADV

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pmdave
    I was sitting on a chair in the garage scrutinizing my R100/Ural sidecar rig, and my eye chanced upon the BMWMOA decal on the windshield.

I realized that while Cuba is on the "map", Alaska is not. Since we're not the BMW MO of "USA", I assume we're really BMW MO of "North America", I wonder why the map on the logo should not be revised to include more of the Northwest, especially Alaska, while still displaying Mexico and Canada.

pmdave
    Interesting point! Never looked at the logo like that

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar
    It's still left to be explored by everyone who buys a BMW. When they stop making BMWs we can add it to the next generation of 'BTDT - Stickers'

I don't know, good question? Maybe we should rename ourselves the BMW MOCANAC Members of Cental America, North America and Caribbean.

Still
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

pmdave
    Good question. It looks like the map is centered on St.Louis or nearly so.

You could roll the globe to the SSW and get rid of Columbia and Panama, while showing more Alaska.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com GS911 WIFI BMW Motorcycle Diagnostic Tool

Stuff2c
    Why not scrap the Fugly logo for a new design?
    It's been discussed b4.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff2C
    Why not scrap the Fugly logo for a new design?
    It's been discussed b4.
    OK, but we have to include or Northern neighbors (Oh' Canada) because we might get out number'd in a few more years down here in the lower 48 as good folks move farther north to escape suspression of freedoms ideology.

But I hope I can still be a member in good standing when I move to Thailand.

Doc

Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

Stuff2c
    Does that mean you have some ideas?

pmdave

Oh crap, here we go with the territorial "jingoism" or whatever it was called in the other thread. Whew, can't it just be good enough the way it is and has always been?

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBR1150R
    Whew, can't it just be good enough the way it is and has always been?

2004 r1150ra
    hmmmm what I would call rather "new" mode of transportation...

why aren't you still just walking if you like the old way of doing things?
    man just walked alot longer than riding a new fangled motorscooter

Something all Inclusive?

Let's see, is the definition of 'Members of America' the sole classification of the United States? NO. We have members from Canada and probably from other places and countries as well.

Is the term 'America' loosely determined by the 'Americas' which includes North, Central and South America? Plus, the 'Territorial Properties of the US; Guam, Micronesia, Kwajalein Atoll, Johnson Is., Marshal Is., and Puerto Rico? (I might be missing someone here so don't feel bashful sound off) And yes, that includes Hawaii and Alaska too.

That is pretty much in a nut shell the entire western hemisphere as seen from space.

So maybe our new 'Pictogram' should be a picture of half the world from Pole to Pole excluding Japan/Asia/Australia/New Zealand on the west and UK/France/Spain/Africa on the east.

Then we could branch out and have truly International Rallys in other countries from Argentina to Greenland and Pacific to Atlantic Coasts.

OK so there is my idea, someone get a NASA picture and or representation of the Western Hemisphere and make it round.

And add an S to the BMW Members of Americas !!!

Doc

(EDIT: Then we can get the BMWMOA to underwrite an insurance policy that covers us from tip to tip and all points in between. No more Mexican Insurance, just an Americas Policy approved by all interested parties)
    Last edited by PacWestGS; 03-09-2006 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Great Idea
    Russ

Lets get a hi-tech sticker that projects a three dimensional hologram of the world we are out to dominate the world it seems and has a voice activated chip embedded in it that the members could access a searchable electronic Anon.

Just a thought.

P.S. make it solar powered so it wont drain the bikes battery or put extra load on the alternator.

USERNAME
    as long as the map doesn't show any arab countries, or france, then i think it's a good logo.

1flyer
    Thank goodness Spring is almost here. These guys need to get out more.

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Dave,

A deft fingernail, Goo-Gone and some Plexus, and you're all done. Then pop one of those "Nuke the Whales for Jesus" stickers on it, instead. In Cyrillic if you can get it.

Fred