• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone have the new First Gear Kilimanjaro 37.5 jacket?

I've purchased quite a bit of "Waterproof" gear over the years, bith for hunting and for motorcycling.

I've often "bit" on "Better or as good as Goretex" only to be disappointed in the end.

I'm on my second set of Klim Latitude gear, I put over 80,00 miles on the first set, sold it for more than half of what I paid for it, bought a second set.

My Latitude gear has kept me dry on two trips to the Arctic ocean and across the country in Spring/Summer/Fall.

When coupled with a set of LDComfort wicking base layer It has worked in hi temps and humidity as well.

I am comfortable with the vents open up to about 90F, above 90F I close the vents, open the sleeve cuffs and the collar, wet my sleeves and it is like riding with air conditioning. I usually have to close the sleeves some to keep from getting chilled.

I don't know what Max BMW is seliing the Latitude for but I encourage you to give Alex Johnson at Black Hills Moto a call 605-569-2705, he has always treated me exceptionally well, he sells a lot of KLIM Gear.

bigjohnsd -

I hear you and I have been bitten a few times too. I know the Klim with gore tex is tried and proven but I liked the look of the Kil plus it has the hood. The Klim I tried on at my local shop didn't fit me well even though it was my size. I hope I don't end up getting bit again. haha

dudemang -

Thanks. As I stated on the post above I am sold on the Kil. I guess I will have to hit my local Honda dealer to find some deals. lol. Good score - I never seem to fall into those.

I think my score was luck of being at the right place at the right time. I live in an area where it's pretty damn hot in the summer. There was no way this dealer was going to sell a jacket like this in that season so it was priced to move.

I think my score was luck of being at the right place at the right time. I live in an area where it's pretty damn hot in the summer. There was no way this dealer was going to sell a jacket like this in that season so it was priced to move.

Hahaha. Well it might have been luck, or maybe smarts on your part for looking at the jackets in summer.:thumb

Back